the science of training and the industry of training (Read 312 times)

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

Jester - thanks for posting here, it's sound advice in a sea of hobby joggers.

I need your advice. URGENT advice! Please answer asap!

I'm in a bit of a pickle here.

A local drug gang has kidnapped me.

Pardon the typos as I'm typing with my hands tied behind my back.

Anyway, they told me to say a sentence. If it's true, they will behead me, if it's false, they will strangle me.

What do I say? Please help!

PRs: 1500 4:54.1 2019 - 5K 17:53 2023 - 10K 37:55 2023 - HM 1:21:59 2021

Up next: no idea

Tool to generate Strava weekly

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Flavio - I bet you were kidnapped while running because you are SLOW since you follow traditional running programs. There's nobody to blame but yourself.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Anyway, they told me to say a sentence. If it's true, they will behead me, if it's false, they will strangle me.

Say, "You will strangle me." If that's true they will behead you, which makes it false. Thus they need to strangle you, but then it's true. Therefore they are caught in a conundrum and can do neither.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Say, "You will strangle me." If that's true they will behead you, which makes it false. Thus they need to strangle you, but then it's true. Therefore they are caught in a conundrum and can do neither.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1L5YuA6wpKkNO/giphy.gif

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

Noo, you gave away the spoilers haha. Did you also see that in Netflix's 3%?

PRs: 1500 4:54.1 2019 - 5K 17:53 2023 - 10K 37:55 2023 - HM 1:21:59 2021

Up next: no idea

Tool to generate Strava weekly

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Noo, you gave away the spoilers haha. Did you also see that in Netflix's 3%?

Simple logic problem I figured out on my own.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Pretty sure a drug gang, when confronted with such a conundrum, would just play it safe and do both.

Dave

bhearn

Pretty sure a drug gang, when confronted with such a conundrum, would just play it safe and do both.

Yes. And clearly, they can't do nothing either, because then your sentence would be false and they should strangle you.

Ben Obert

Well given that I spent two years with Nike, refused a job with Adidas, and UnderArmor hired Nike's their head biomechanic from them (who I reported to), and not to mention that I've been published by the NSCA, then yes, the industry does know who I am.

That's why I train our military elite. It would be much easier to teach a Navy SEAL how to play professional sports than it ever would to teach any professional athlete how to be a SEAL. Athletes are worthless cowards, kind of like most of the posters here...

My proof is in front of you to the crap you barf.

I'm still waiting to meet the first person who can prove me wrong.

This guy is pretty brave, posting about how the rest of the posters are cowards.

When will you get your Presidential Medal of Freedom? Or would you even condescend to bring yourself to the humble floors of the White House?

I'm waiting to hear back from some HS coaches I know in Portland, Eugene and Bend to see if they have been told by Nike to not let their athletes be trained by some particular person.

These coaches have had some distance stars come out of their programs in the last 10-20 years, and would be on the type of radar that is being claimed.

I should add that HS coaches do not "develop" talent, they guide it. Kids show up at their school with innate talent, it is not something that can be created in just anyone. Some coaches, say at a HS near Eugene, could have a world-class talent fall into their laps, and have the gall to ride that talent all the way to the Olympics, and make a career out of that chance incident, and never actually become better, or even good, coaches.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Say, to be fair, maybe the jester (and I'M the one with the Dr Rockso costume!) should give us a list of the elite distance runners they are coaching. And I mean "coaching", not sent some weight lifting program to via email without being asked to.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Lane

I am also in need of help.  A trolley operator has lost control of his trolley and it is hurtling down the tracks, faster and faster towards a group of five workers on the tracks, unaware of the danger they are in.  I am standing by a lever, which can divert the trolley down another track where there is only one worker.  The workers on either track will surely be killed if they are hit by the trolley.

Sportsjester, should I indulge in consequentialism and pull the lever because killing one person is a better outcome than killing five people, or should I apply the categorical imperative and allow the trolley to kill the five people because the action to kill one person to save five shouldn't be universally applied?

bhearn

This is still going? Geez. Well I guess I have some more grist for the jester-o-matic. Will update tomorrow.

OK, updated with this thread's material. What I need to do is go back and incorporate all that stuff about why treadmill running is not running.

http://www.hearn.to/jester-o-matic.html

Oh Princesses,

The proverb is a pronated stance, makes learning how to be a faster runner. At what I need an athlete running at peak speed. Trail runners use the gait form to the training industry will never remembers the name of teaching them to the Soldier Subject video documents how T-Rex actually tried for himself couldn't hold up???????

That a forefoot landing as its currently teach any facts.

Don't know who the real fool truly is. Because the biggest difference between the only way anyone runs?

Better yet, why don't even know nothing more than a dozed clinical study prove me wrong, only works regardless to who thinks so in ostrich and deer and watch my Soldier can prove me wrong, trying to increase in older adults.

Funny when you wrap a treadmill, my training credibility is without even trying...

T Hound

Slower but happier

OK, updated with this thread's material. What I need to do is go back and incorporate all that stuff about why treadmill running is not running.

http://www.hearn.to/jester-o-matic.html

Oh Princesses,

As self described “treadmill hound” i am saddened to hear this.

These would be great ones:

Trump/Huckabee-o-matic

marathon training advice/plan or race report-o-matic

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

bhearn

These would be great ones:

Trump/Huckabee-o-matic 

I did actually grab the domain www.donaldtrump.ai and hook it up to a random tweet generator. But I haven't updated it since the day he took office. Remember when his outrageous tweets were from *before* he was president? If so then maybe this will take you back to the good old days.