Additional Privacy Options for Making Comments Private (Read 97 times)

Gabrielson

Hi Eric,

I would find it very helpful if there were additional privacy options specific to individual user groups. I currently have selected log preference privacy option "Only allow members in my groups to view my log," but I would like to join some groups where my log is visible, but the comments on my runs are private.

Others with the log preference privacy option "Allow everyone to see my running log" may also find it helpful if this had this additional option to make their log public, but the comments on their runs private.

The reason for this request is that for me personally, I am happy to share my training info with almost anyone, but my comments are sometimes personal (like a journal/diary) and I don't necessarily want to share those with everyone. I think other users may feel similarly and would appreciate this update as well.

Thanks so much for maintaining this excellent website!

Chris

HermosaBoy

Just to clarify -- you are looking for a blanket setting for the comments versus using the check box for individual entries?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Gabrielson

Yes, that's correct. Blanket and/or user group specific option.

susannelson

spam
          LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

When spammers learn English, we may be in a lot more trouble.  Security by English.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

When spammers learn English, we may be in a lot more trouble.  Security by English.

Funny thing about that: grammatical mistakes are often intentional.  The idea is that it pre-filters who the viable marks would be.  People who don't notice things like that, or aren't put on alert because of them, are also the same folks who think sending their bank-info is a fine idea to help a Nigerian Prince in need.

Sure does provide a nice filter for the rest of us, though.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Funny thing about that: grammatical mistakes are often intentional.  The idea is that it pre-filters who the viable marks would be.  People who don't notice things like that, or aren't put on alert because of them, are also the same folks who think sending their bank-info is a fine idea to help a Nigerian Prince in need.

Sure does provide a nice filter for the rest of us, though.

Hadn't thought of that, but do spammers really care whether their marks are filtered? Keeping the trolls away?

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Hadn't thought of that, but do spammers really care whether their marks are filtered? Keeping the trolls away?

They're just managing their work-load.  Each dead-end lead is a tax on their scamming profits.  So, identifying the real suckers increases profits.  Also, you gotta remember, they are contacting 10s of billions of people at a time.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do