Indoor Rowing/Concept 2 (Read 2195 times)

Go to the Concept2 website and there should be a link on the homepage. If not check under the Challenges link up top. There are a few choices for the charities and if you row 200k they send you a cute pin.

Sorry, that you are injured. Do you have 5 kids? I only ask because I have six and big families seem to be rare.

I finally saw the link from an earlier post. Got my account all set up and have over 30 grand since right after Thanksgiving. I still have steri strips in my wrist but I couldn't handle a week off from no exercise. Anyway Thanks!  I'm hoping I can get in 100k before my surgery. Yes I have 5 kids. I come from a family with 9 kids

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Village people

What kind of surgery? Sorry, I am nosey. You are almost half way there, you'll do it.

What kind of surgery? Sorry, I am nosey. You are almost half way there, you'll do it.

My spinal cord is being compressed so I'm having a 2 level ACDF done. I was supposed to have surgery last Monday however something came up and now I'm waiting for medical clearance so I can reschedule. I SHOULD make the 100k though if I can get surgery schedule'd before I get to 100k I'm happy with that 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Village people

My spinal cord is being compressed so I'm having a 2 level ACDF done. I was supposed to have surgery last Monday however something came up and now I'm waiting for medical clearance so I can reschedule. I SHOULD make the 100k though if I can get surgery schedule'd before I get to 100k I'm happy with that 

That sounds awful, sorry. Good luck with the surgery, I hope you aren't out of commission for too long.

I'm doing the holiday challenge, just the 100k. I've cut back on my running to every other day. So I'm rowing 5000m on my non-running days, and 2500m on my running days. This will just barely get me to the 100,000. Am I just a wimp and should be doing more per session? What is your schedule like (if you don't mind me asking?)

And rockenmomma - sorry about your need for surgery. 

Village people

I am aiming to keep my weekly running milage about the same, 40mpw and I am rowing 5000metrres after I run.  So far, it is okay. I keep the rowing easy and try to listen to mellow music. 

Not happening. Had to have a heart catheterization done  last night just to prove that my heart is  in great shape and that my heart is just athletic so that I can get cleared for my surgery. They went through the groin and it will take at least a week before I can even think about doing any exercise if not longer. If things workout I'll be scheduled for my surgery not much longer than 10 days from now. Such is life. I will most definitely be doing this next year!

Village people

Not happening. Had to have a heart catheterization done  last night just to prove that my heart is  in great shape and that my heart is just athletic so that I can get cleared for my surgery. They went through the groin and it will take at least a week before I can even think about doing any exercise if not longer. If things workout I'll be scheduled for my surgery not much longer than 10 days from now. Such is life. I will most definitely be doing this next year!

Oh no! Will you be laid up for Christmas? Take care of yourself, these challenges aren't going anywhere.

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

rockenmama, Blah. I've had recurrent C-3 herniation but have been lucky to have the disc resorb (desiccate) enough to avoid surgery each time.  Good luck. Sorry to hear that you will be waylaid by surgery.  

I'm sure you'll make a full recovery and be rockin' again soon.

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Village people

The challenge is over and $30 000 was raised by the online community. it cut into my running time, but I am glad that I did it.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Any tips from all you rowers about keeping your feet securely strapped in? I can't get a secure fit that actually stays that way. I end up having to tighten those darn straps multiple times when using the nice Concept rowers at the gym

TRUST THE PROCESS

Village people

Any tips from all you rowers about keeping your feet securely strapped in? I can't get a secure fit that actually stays that way. I end up having to tighten those darn straps multiple times when using the nice Concept rowers at the gym

Try rowing without the straps and see how it goes. Either the straps are defective or your form is a little off.

I am just guessing, hopefully someone more knowledgeable with answer.

A Saucy Wench

You need the straps.  The onlything I can say is make sure they are positioned right across where your toes bend.  If you have it too high up on the arch you will pull on them.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

You need the straps.  The onlything I can say is make sure they are positioned right across where your toes bend.  If you have it too high up on the arch you will pull on them.

That makes sense. I will give that a try.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Village people

Rowing strapless (on an erg) is a good way to work on your form.