Indoor Rowing/Concept 2 (Read 2195 times)

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

You need the straps.  The onlything I can say is make sure they are positioned right across where your toes bend.  If you have it too high up on the arch you will pull on them.

Did just what you recommended yesterday and it was perfect! I am glad to know that it was simple operator error and not being set up correctly - which I am sure didn't help with any other form issues that I am sure I have.

Thanks so much for the help!

TRUST THE PROCESS

rockenmama, Blah. I've had recurrent C-3 herniation but have been lucky to have the disc resorb (desiccate) enough to avoid surgery each time.  Good luck. Sorry to hear that you will be waylaid by surgery.  

I'm sure you'll make a full recovery and be rockin' again soon.

Just saw this THANKS dreamless! Sorry to hear about your recurrent C-3 herniation but glad to hear you haven't had to go in for surgery!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Did just what you recommended yesterday and it was perfect! I am glad to know that it was simple operator error and not being set up correctly - which I am sure didn't help with any other form issues that I am sure I have.

Thanks so much for the help!

Didn't see your question, glad to see Ennay was here Smile How are you liking the rower?

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

The challenge is over and $30 000 was raised by the online community. it cut into my running time, but I am glad that I did it.

I'm sad I couldn't participate but WOOHOOOOOO@ all that money raised and Nice job on finishing the challenge!

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Didn't see your question, glad to see Ennay was here Smile How are you liking the rower?

Absolutely loving it! Did my first 10k yesterday and what a great feeling that was. I think I have found my non-running activity while I continue to battle this PF. I got my fiancé to promise that I could buy a nice rower with tax return dollars (assuming I get something) so now I am wanting to move pretty quickly to get that done so I know if I can!  Also started a logbook on Concept2 and looking forward to some of the upcoming challenges. Speaking of that, there isn't a team associated with RunningAhead, is there?

TRUST THE PROCESS

Village people

I'm sad I couldn't participate but WOOHOOOOOO@ all that money raised and Nice job on finishing the challenge!

Thanks, next year! Someday, I would like to learn proper rowing technique and get out on the water.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

DJJan, thanks for posting earlier on here about the holiday challenge. I started a log on C2, joined the Luna-Tics team (can't really say why them, but they have fun graphics and a good leader) and am looking ahead to what challenges I can participate in. I look forward to doing the holiday challenges next year.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Village people

DJJan, thanks for posting earlier on here about the holiday challenge. I started a log on C2, joined the Luna-Tics team (can't really say why them, but they have fun graphics and a good leader) and am looking ahead to what challenges I can participate in. I look forward to doing the holiday challenges next year.

Very cool! Good luck and have fun.

I don't think RA has a team there. I'd like to get on a team but not sure who or how

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I looked in the forums and just kind of affiliated with a group. Then you can also join them (or others) for team challenges if you choose. I think people move around a bit from what I read.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

So I have been doing the Concept2 March Madness Challenge, and it has me wondering about streaking. In running, an "official" streak is 1 mile per day. What would be an equivalent in rowing? 2k or something?

MTA: Just thought I would share.....I threw this same question out in the Concept2 Forums and have gotten no answer.

TRUST THE PROCESS

A Saucy Wench

I would say since before all your PF stuff kicked in it seemed you were running on average maybe a 11:30 - 12 min mile?  On a typical row how far do you get in 12 minutes.  Call it that.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I would say since before all your PF stuff kicked in it seemed you were running on average maybe a 11:30 - 12 min mile?  On a typical row how far do you get in 12 minutes.  Call it that.

Good idea!

TRUST THE PROCESS