Lumo Run (Read 75 times)

davepete57

Has anyone tried the Lumo Run to help with form? If so how well did it work for you?

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Brewing Runner recently got one, but I haven't seen him post about anything specific from it. You might try asking him directly.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

Running Problem

Problem Child

Yeah I have one. I've used it on a few runs. I'm still trying to figure out how to reduce my bounce. It tells me I need some more hip strength but I think I've seen an improvement, according to Lumo, in my hip twist and breaking speed. If anything it's interesting to see how my running changes or varies from fast and hard running to easy. Sometimes I'm slowing myself down while running hard. Sometimes I try to do a much longer stride to see if I can reduce bouncing. Other times I just run to see what it says. I'll be using it for training for Chicago to see how my form changes, if it does, over time or how my speed work goes. I haven't done any of the warm ups they suggest though. I also received it as a gift. I believe some of the metrics would be available using the Garmin HRM-run strap but I'm not sure I'd ever know how to improve verticial osilation, ground contact time, or much of the information provided using that without needing to do a lot more research.

I did just get a 20 coupon from them which I thought was odd since they only sell one lumo run to me and I wouldn't need a discount after. Coupon Code FD20 at checkout if you want it for Fathers Day.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Running Problem

Problem Child

LumoRun is being discontinued. The company is bankrupt and the app will stop working in 9 months according to their website.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

davepete57

I'm glad I decided not to buy one