Places to sell an old laptop? (Read 506 times)

I've been clearing out the house in preparation for moving and discovered an old laptop. It's not that old, purchased in 2002, but I don't use it as I've upgraded. I'd like to unload it and possibly get a little cash for it. Anyone know of any reputable places that buy used laptops? I know I could just sell it on eBay, but really, I'm not sure I want to deal with the hassle. I'm happy to take less money if someone does the dirty work for me. I'll reformat the thing, of course, but beyond that, I'd just like someone to take it and give me money. Ideas?
      2002 is pretty old. I'd recommend craigslist.com or ebay.com.... To much hassle pay the sell someone to repost it... like I sold it on ebay. Ask people around you if they need for an old laptop. free disk wiper Dericks Boot and Nuke

Vim

2002 is pretty old.
        I have a friend who is still quite happily using the laptop she bought in 1999. It's had a few upgrades, but works like a charm. So I don't think of my 2002 laptop as that old. Smile
        va

If you find you can't get anything for it, consider donating it. For example, there is a Computer4Kids near me whose aim is to "...improve low income youth's computer and learning skills through caring mentorship, structured training, a vibrant learning environment, and access to a computer at home." I'll bet there is probably something similar where you are...
            I sold it Ebay Trading assistant Pawnshops Computer Discount Houses Flea Market Farmer's Market... You never know! Consignment at a Garage Sale Ask your friend with the 1999 computer, if she'd like to upgrade. You might want to check out another auction site like www.ubid.com. I guess it depends on what you use a computer for..... My dad still uses an old 8086 computer from the 80's as his main work horse computer. It has a 40mb hard drive and uses 5.25" diskettes as the portable medium!

Vim

Swadvad

I've got an old laptop that I use only for a portable word processor. (Hit and Miss writing on my future Best Selling Novel - HaHa!) Someone might want to use it for a similar use if you don't want too much for it. Our state-wide newspaper offers free classified ads. I've sold numerous things that way. It didn't cost me a penny. You might check into that. Good luck.
                If you find you can't get anything for it, consider donating it. For example, there is a Computer4Kids near me whose aim is to "...improve low income youth's computer and learning skills through caring mentorship, structured training, a vibrant learning environment, and access to a computer at home." I'll bet there is probably something similar where you are...
                Now that's not a bad idea. I'll definitely look into that. Basically, I just hate the idea of disposing of it and would like to get something from it. But donating it so someone else gets something out of it is just as good.