User submitted training plan (Read 614 times)

mmorin

To have a user submitted training plan by distance area.
    Users would be able to vote for their favourite training plan.
    Users can comment on the training plan on their success with it
    The distance displayed on the plan would be based on the distance unit you have selected in the preferences
    Ability to view an ordered list of plans by most popular for a distance
    Ability to import the training plan into users schedule ( user can edit after import )

eric :)

mmorin,

Are you by any chance related to tmorin?

These are wonderful suggestions.  However, your list is missing one thing, the training plan itself. Wink  Fortunately, I've been working on it for the last couple of months and I'm about to wrap it up.  Stay tuned.

eric Smile

JML

Eric,

Would it be possible to have a reporting feature where all workouts associated with a particular training program can be grouped and summarized?  I am thinking that this would be useful in comparing the training for one race versus another.  For example, I manually went through and compared the training for two different 1/2 marathons that I ran to figure out differences in total mileage, tempo speeds, interval speeds etc.  I suspect that you have already included this in the training plan functionality given your usual thorough approach to design, but I thought that I would mention it.

Thanks for all your great work on this site

Jon

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.

eric :)

JML,

The training plan support will be rolled out in phases.  I know how people create training plans and I know what kind of information people put in them.  I don't yet know what kind of analyses users do after they completed the plan so I'll leave this part for after the initial roll out.  I don't want to over engineer and spend time on something that people may not use.

eric Smile

JML

Sounds like a plan.  I loom forward to seeing the new functionality.  Thanks again

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.