7 Marathons, 7 days, 7 continents (Read 161 times)

Have you guys seen this?  I mean, wow.    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/01/30/it-made-me-question-my-sanity-every-day-michael-wardian-sets-record-in-seven-marathon-challenge/?tid=hybrid_collaborative_1_na&utm_term=.b6afe18113c9

Wardian's participation didn't surprise me in this but did ya know that Ryan Hall did it too?  The human body is able to do amazing and extreme things.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

Cyberic

I followed this. A local hobby jogger finished 4th overall. He finished 2nd in two of the seven events, second only to Wardian. Patrick Charlebois beat the previous mark for a non pro by 20 minutes, and that is average time for a marathon. I'm not 100% sure about that last part. Saw it on facebook, and can't remember the source.

2 people really impressed me, and they are Wardian because the guy is so damn strong, and Patrick Charlebois, a guy with a full time job, who was beating pros in some of the races.

Wardian has some crazy ability to recover beyond what most of us could only dream of.   This event was perfect for him.

rlopez

While Wardian was running an average of 2:45-something. Ryan Hall had a very different experience. His fastest was 3-something and his final day was 5-something. After which he said he was done with road marathons for good.

BTW, there was a second group out doing 7 in 7 in 7 besides this one. The other one was called Triple Seven Quest.

The 7 continents in 7 days thing has become a "thing" for runners with lots of green. There are at least three tour groups that do this. Wardian's version was going for $38k. Triple Seven was "only" about $18k, but didn't seem to include flights. I don't know about the third one.

It's pretty cool and Wardian's times are inspiring. The tour itself is one of those "nice if you can afford it" things to me.