What is your favorite run ever ? (Read 532 times)

Coach

My All-time Favorite run is through the Russian Gulch State Park in California. There is an Amazing waterfall there, tall trees and my run would always end on the beach. I would go early on a Sunday morning and never see another person. Russian Gulch is not far from Fort Bragg and Mendocino, California. The Obsessed Runner
    My Blog: http://jbcoaching.blogspot.com/ Marathons run: S.F., Boston, St. George, M. of Aviation, Salt Lake City Ultra's run: Big Horn, Squaw Peak, Lean Horse,
      The Four Pass Loop near Aspen, CO is pretty high on my list. 28-ish miles over 4 major passes over 12,000'. Stunning scenery.

12 Squared

Through the woods in Geilenkirchen, Germany. It was cold, but not too cold; it was a little misty, but not too misty. The scenery was beautiful.
        If you don't know where you're going, chances are you will end up somewhere else. - Yogi Berra
          My favorite run is a race, and it's the Detroit Free Press Marathon. I haven't yet experienced any training runs in unique settings although I do love my 10 mile loop in the UP of Michigan. I run this when we're at the cabin. You can see that run here: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3757592

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Coach

Thanks for the comments, but common anybody else want to share?
            My Blog: http://jbcoaching.blogspot.com/ Marathons run: S.F., Boston, St. George, M. of Aviation, Salt Lake City Ultra's run: Big Horn, Squaw Peak, Lean Horse,
            JB1

I recently visited San Francisco, and ran across The Golden Gate Bridge twice. I went back and forth and had so much fun, I did it again. It was a beautiful clear morning about 50 degrees. If you get the chance, I would highly recommend it.
                I like the north eastern part of Grapevine Lake in Grapevine, TX. Really nice trails in Murrell Park. But my favorite is running up South Mountain in PHX. It kicks my butt but I love it and the view from the top gives me a great excuse to take a break. Smile Really, anytime I'm on the road and can find somewhere (other than the hotel tredmill...) to run is great. Good thread. TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

Well, I don't have all that many runs under my belt, and most of those are in my neighborhood or on the TM, but this morning in my neighborhood was great. It was cold, but the tide was low, so the smell of the marsh was wafting in the air. There was a very thin waning crescent moon out low in the sky, peeking between the huge live oak trees filled with spanish moss. To top it off, I saw three shooting stars.
                  Brandon

My sweet new crank!

Couple for me...running around west lake in Hangzhou China was great, though it was raining, the fog and scencery were great...and I could breath, that was a nice run, until i got lost and had to grab a taxi... Paris is a perfect city to run in...had 3 big runs in 3 days, and each was just as enjoyable, i would take a running vacation there some day...or go for the marathon. There are some trails near home (Madison, WI) that are the greatest escape for me. a mile from home and I feel like I am in the middle of no where. Single track mtn bike trails and wildlife (deer, fox, turkey). This has to be my favorite place to go, because I can do it when ever i need to...not as a treat when I am traveling.
                    Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO