Garmin vs Nike vs MiCoach vs Timex (Read 1179 times)

Foot Pods... all the same, or do they do different things? Are they compatible systems? ie If I have a Garmin watch can it detect and capture info from the Nike foot pod. Just curious.

Anyone know where to get extra retainer clips for the Garmin size/style.

Maggie & Molly

I don't know where you can get clips but the nike + pouch works too = same size.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
      Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

They are of the same size so if you have Nike+ compatible shoes, Garmin foot pod will go right in. Garmin footpod comes with an attachment you can use to tie it to the shoe if you don't have the Nike+ compatible shoes. Nike+ device obviously doesn't come with an attachment because they want you to buy the shoes. However, you can buy the inexpensive attachment. 

I don't know whether they do the same or different things but for Nike, the only interface you have to upload the data is Nike's website and whatever features they provide through and website and/or Nike+ app. I assume for Garmin foot pod, you can use any interface and all the data it exposes. It is not easy (but possible) to replace the battery of Nike+. Finally, Nike+ is much cheaper than Garmin foot pod.

running is somewhat like playing golf to me.   crappy shots all day long, ready to give it up & wondering why I'm trying so hard just to get this stupid little ball into a stupid little hole but then out of the blue comes a monster drive or a long putt that actually gets into the cup.  bingo! that one shot keeps me going for the rest of day no matter how crappy I continue to play & gets me back out again on another day.   strange. -- skyedog