I ran my 20,000th life time mile!!! (Read 606 times)

This past Sunday I ran my 20,000 mile - only took 10 or so years but I did it. Yippee!!

jfa

Nice going! Are you going to get new shoes now? You know, for the next 20,000?

That's an awful lot of left, right, repeat.  Congrats!

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

It may be time for a new pair but figure they have a few more miles left in them Smile

Queen of 3rd Place

Well that's one way to ease into barefoot running.

Congrats on a decade of consistency. 

Ex runner

That's an amazing milestone.  Awesome!

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
              Emil Zatopek

Slice

That's great! Congrats on sticking with it! I bet a lot has changed on your regular running routes during those 20k miles...

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

I look my best blurry!

Very cool milestone!  Congrats!

Kristen