Automatic log entries from Fitbit or Runkeeper (Read 89 times)

Daddy the Runner

Is there a way to automate log entries from Fitbit or Runkeeper like there is for Garmin Connect?

Thanks,

DtR

---

2018 Goals:

Marine Corps Semper 5iver:  Finish with DD under 60 minutes

npaden

This would be nice.  I would contribute $ toward it.  It would save me from breaking down and buying a Garmin.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Or Strava or Suunto Movescount? Smile

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

tfoster

anyone hear an answer on the fitbit request?  Just got an Iconic and would like to link it to RA

Oh - and I would contribute...again... to RA to help get that done.

What about using a service like tapiriik. I haven’t tried this lately but if you set up a Garmin connect account and sync your Runkeeper to it, it may then transfer over to RunningAHEAD as a regularly syncd activity would?  Not sure if tapiriik syncs through a back door that causes it to skip the sync process.

tfoster

I found the answer!  from the Fitbit.com website (not the Fitbit app on your computer) - when you open that days exercise from the dashboard, look at the little symbol at the far right of the black strip across the top of the map (oval with 3 dots in it). Click it and one of the options is "Export as TCX" - click it.  Then go to Running Ahead, click on either the Imported Workouts icon across the top or the Upload GPS data under the Training Log menu option, Click upload from file - browse to probably your "Downloads" folder - click it then click Upload -

Works like a charm.

paul2432

I found the answer!  from the Fitbit.com website (not the Fitbit app on your computer) - when you open that days exercise from the dashboard, look at the little symbol at the far right of the black strip across the top of the map (oval with 3 dots in it). Click it and one of the options is "Export as TCX" - click it.  Then go to Running Ahead, click on either the Imported Workouts icon across the top or the Upload GPS data under the Training Log menu option, Click upload from file - browse to probably your "Downloads" folder - click it then click Upload -

Works like a charm.

That may work like a charm, but it is not automated.  The OP asked for an automated method.

tfoster

I don't know who the OP is - but remember - this is a free site you're using - I'm sure you could get more services from a site you pay for.  I'm just glad I found a way to move the data.  I takes literally 20 seconds to do.