Handy Runner is showing a different time than what is imported into Running ahead? (Read 1088 times)

oo-punisher

I looked to see if anyone else had noticed this problem or not.  The only think that I could find was that the distance on the GPS is not accurate.  I noticed that if I log a run with Handy Runner and upload it to Running Ahead that the time that is stored in my Handy Runner History and The time that is stored in my Running Ahead history is different.  Does anyone know whats going on here?  I was thinking that it was a setting with Handy Runner, but when I import my history from Handy Runner to another software that I run in parallel I get the correct time.  Thanks

How much difference is there?

Did you stop at some point? If so, maybe Handy Runner and your other software handle stopped time differently.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

oo-punisher

Shouldn't Handy Runner and Running Ahead handle stopped time the same way?

I have found that this is the problem.  When I run speed work and I pause at the end of my 1 Mile repeats the time that is saved on Handy Runner and the time that is saved to running ahead are 2 different times.  I thought that this was strange because the time that is saved in Handy runnner is the same as the time imported into my other software and I know that Handy Runner and this other software were not meant to pair together like Handy Runner and Running Ahead.

So why is the Handy Runner Time different from the Running Ahead Time?

is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

Thanks

derek

I thought that this was strange because the time that is saved in Handy runnner is the same as the time imported into my other software and I know that Handy Runner and this other software were not meant to pair together like Handy Runner and Running Ahead.

So why is the Handy Runner Time different from the Running Ahead Time?

is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

While HandyRunner was designed to integrate with RA, the way the run data is sent to RA is via a standard GPX file.  As you've noticed, you can take that same GPX file and upload it to any other app or site that can use GPX files.

Am I understanding you correctly in that you took the GPX file and loaded it into some other app and the run distance and/or time displayed in that app is the same as shown within HandyRunner, but RA shows some other distance and/or time?

Have you been able to determine which time is actually the correct one, perhaps by tracking the time by some other means?  I would like to know what time you believe is the correct one, the one shown in RA or the one shown in HandyRunner.

Derek

Derek

oo-punisher

Yes you have it correct.  I can import from my phone into Sportstracks and the times and distance match exactly.

I thought of that too and I used my garmin 305 to verify the time and distance.  The times matched give or take a couple of seconds to push start and stop.  The distance was off, but I expected that there would be some variation there.  Feels to me like there is a problem with the alogarithm when handyrunner uploads to Runningahead.  Not sure, but thought it should get looked at.  Thanks

oo-punisher

Ok, I am getting different times wether I stop say when running intervals and when I dont stop.  I was looking at the map of my last run and I think that I see whats going on.  It looks like when I do a trail run there are several pauses showing up on the route even though I did not stop running and I did not stop Handy Runner.  I think that the pauses are getting added into Running Ahead on import and adding to the total time.  Not sure but either way very strange.

eric :)

japutt,

Are you referring to the time of day or the duration?

Ian Costello

I am having exactly the same problem. Time on History shows 1.02 miles Time 7:32 Pace 07:22, but when uploaded to RA it's 1.00 miles Time: 6:06 Pace 6:06 - Very strange!

eric :)

Ian,

Do you still have the gpx associated with the workout?  I can take a look to see what happened.