Google Fit (Read 122 times)

Marquess of Utopia

Is RunningAhead considering joining the Google Fit platform? http://www.thewire.com/technology/2014/06/google-io-conference/373481/

For 90% of my easy runs I don't use my Garmin 310 and I just log as much data as I want into RunningAhead. Which Is one of the reasons I love runningAhead any way I want to add data is very easy.

I have been thinking about buying Garmin VivoFit for recovery activities:

1. Reminder to stand up and stretch out. As a software developer there have been times when I literally have sat in my chair for 8+ hours straight.

2. Track resting heart rate and quality of sleep. I think if I use the device long enough I hope to find patterns and prevent overtraining.

3. A geeky wrist watch.

I don't think runningAhead will work with Vivofit (I wish it would). I was thinking that if RunningAhead joined Google Fit it would be easier to development mobile apps for runningAhead and integrate with other health apps.

eric :)

Hi Riggs 2.0,

The mobile advancement is happening so quickly that I haven't come up with a plan yet.  On the one hand, everyone is switch to mobile devices.  On the other hand, the mobile devices have inherent shortcomings that are hard to overcome.  My resources (mostly time) is stretched very thin right now so I have to pick and choose what is achievable.  I'm more incline to go with a Google solution because it's more likely to be open.

eric Smile