*sigh* It's a thing of beauty... (Read 1121 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The iPod Shuffle. Last week I finally got tired of my "big" 2nd Gen. 4gig Nano and ordered a 1gig Shuffle. The belt clip holster for my Nano doesn't sit well on lighter-weight waistbands of my skirts and the arm band makes a sweaty, chafed mess of my left arm--not to mention a weird tan line (as if the line from my big honkin' 305 weren't weird enough). Most of the Nano's features were lost on me, anyhow...I rarely used more than one playlist in a given run. Funny how going with something smaller and less feature-rich is an "upgrade." Wink FedEx just delivered my little, red, custom-engraved (free...woot) zoom-zoom Shuffle. It's so tiny and perfect. Gotta love Apple's artistic packaging, too. Geniuses. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'm suddenly very tempted to drive to the Apple Store this lunch hour. Evil grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm suddenly very tempted to drive to the Apple Store this lunch hour. Evil grin
        I'm a pusha'. It's a damned good thing our Apple store is an hour away. I'd be wandering in there and lusting over stuff like Gollum on the ring on a weekly basis, otherwise. So much precious in that place.

~ Sarah Kay

Dave

The shuffle is such a no-brainer at $49 for anyone who works out. No need for a case. Clip and go. I swear the only reason they offer engraving is to make them harder to sell if you upgrade Tongue The Apple Store is a short metro ride/walk from my office. 15 minutes max. Very tempting.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The shuffle is such a no-brainer at $49 for anyone who works out. No need for a case. Clip and go.
            I really regret putting the Nano on my Christmas list 2 years ago. I would have been much happier with the Shuffle from the get-go. Hindsight is 20/20...and all that jazz. At the time I guess the Nano seemed like a good idea, since I pictured myself wanting the most variety for travel, but since we rarely go anywhere...well, that was kinda silly. I must admit, the new Nano would rock for travel with the ability to play movies (would be nice for air travel, for certain), but that would still be far more player than I would use 99% of the time. My MIL has been lusting after an iPod for a while. She runs and has talked about the Nano. Maybe I should give her my old one so that she can see how cumbersome it is. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

C-R

I like mine too but don't use it to run anymore - only for mowing or yard work. Actually one of my 7 year olds took it and I haven't seen it in a couple of weeks. The little capitalist probably sold it on eBay. Big grin That goofy USATF rule was applied for the Indy Mini and I thought why not try running without music. The upshot of it was I liked it and haven't used one since. Apple stores do have lots of nice things. Perhaps it's time to upgrade my Mac........

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That goofy USATF rule was applied for the Indy Mini and I thought why not try running without music. The upshot of it was I liked it and haven't used one since. Apple stores do have lots of nice things. Perhaps it's time to upgrade my Mac........
                Yeah, I don't mind running sans-iPod for larger races...I'd actually feel kind of weird running around a lot of people and shutting myself off like that. For smaller races when I seem to end up running solo for miles on end it's a nice thing, though. I'm definitely getting the new Mac cravings, too. My Mini is 3 years old...totally decrepit. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'm definitely getting the new Mac cravings, too. My Mini is 3 years old...totally decrepit. Wink
                  We wants it.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, as much as I love the new iMac we'd probably get another Mini...more bang for the buck...easier to upgrade individual parts, too.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ha, as much as I love the new iMac we'd probably get another Mini...more bang for the buck...easier to upgrade individual parts, too.
                      I believed we've covered Did's Jedi mind trick on you regarding this subject... Tongue

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I believed we've covered Did's Jedi mind trick on you regarding this subject... Tongue
                        Hah, yeah...it hasn't worked--yet. The force is strong with that one. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

derek

For some reason I haven't had a lot of luck with my shuffle. I had to replace it twice while under warranty as they just stopped working. The last one I had stopped working 1-2 months ago, but it is now out of warranty so I've resorted to using an older MP3 player I had laying around. Of course, while under warranty, Apple's replacement process was great. They would ship out a new one with overnight shipping and provide the shipping return label to send back the defective one. Having said that, my wife and sister both have the same shuffle and neither has had any problems.

Derek

Derek! Great to see you back around these parts - and it looks like you are back to running! Hope your heel problem is behind you and good luck with the running restart.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Wooohoo! Congrats, it will change your world. I can't get enough of Apple products. They are all genius. I am waiting for my iBook to poop out so I can upgrade, but it just isn't happening!!! I have had it for almost 4 years!

~Sara
                              It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I can't get enough of Apple products. They are all genius.
                                *nods* I have been a fan of Apple stuff since long before it was cool to <3 apple. my experiences using pcs were never happy ones. oh, and did has commandeered my "old" hot pink nano and the matching speck belt-clip case and neoprene arm band. he was on that thing like a vulture. ;) apple.="" my="" experiences="" using="" pcs="" were="" never="" happy="" ones.="" oh,="" and="" did="" has="" commandeered="" my="" "old"="" hot="" pink="" nano="" and="" the="" matching="" speck="" belt-clip="" case="" and="" neoprene="" arm="" band.="" he="" was="" on="" that="" thing="" like="" a="" vulture.=""></3 apple. my experiences using pcs were never happy ones. oh, and did has commandeered my "old" hot pink nano and the matching speck belt-clip case and neoprene arm band. he was on that thing like a vulture. ;)>

~ Sarah Kay