Journys Marathon, Eagle River, WI (Read 498 times)

Just woundering if anyone here has run the Journys half marathon in Eagle River, WI. What did you think? Is the half as hilly as they say the full is? I am looking at it as my spring race but just wanted to get some thoughts from others. Thanks for your info!!!

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf

hdh

Can't tell you but it is on my "to do" list since when I was in HS in the 70's, my parents had property in the Eagle River area so I will be watching this thread. I will suggest that youl could probably get an idea by mapping the course on mapmyrun.com then looking at the topo map view.
      hdh
        Bump!! Just to check!! Big grin

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf

jomike

According to the web site it's a point-to-point course, with the half-marathon starting at the halfway point of the full. The elevation chart shows a net downhill from there to the finish, with no large hills. As hdh pointed out, the topo map at mapmyrun.com would shed some light. Good reviews for the full on marathonguide.com: http://www.marathonguide.com/races/racedetails.cfm?MIDD=506080510