Post Christmas shopping (Read 296 times)

Arie2.0

Meat is Murder

The title may sound like an oxymoron for some.Let's assume it isn't. When do the good deals and the slashed post Christmas prices appear?  Between Christmas and New Year? After New Year? What's the best post Christmas shopping strategy?

Putin told me how to vote.

Village people

Canada has huge Boxing Day sales. I am not sure what it is called in the US. Post Christmas sales? I don't know, there always seems to be a sale going on.

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

First day after X-Mess December 26th. I can get you an excellent bargain on used trees then too.

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

The sales typically start right after Christmas, and at least the places I usually shop at the prices don't get much better after that, but the selection goes down as everyone else picks through it.  So I usually try to hit the sales between Christmas and New Years rather than waiting.  But I try to avoid the 26th-27th since that's when everyone else goes to the mall to return the Christmas gifts they didn't want so between them & the bargain hunters the malls/stores can be quite crowded.

Hollie S.

Merry Christmas!

Me and all my sisters stay up all night on Christmas at my parents' house, and then go shopping at like five in the morning. We get really good sales then.

I wish I was as young as I look in the forum picture! But I'm not. :(