Attention Race Directors (Read 909 times)

sugnim

My favorite post-race goody is always a burger.  I'll sign up for any race with a good barbecue at the end.  That said, the 10K I did yesterday featured a bowl with the race logo on it for participants and that bowl was filled with your choice of chili or tomato soup following the race.

xor

The weirdest post-race food I've ever encountered was one year at El Scorcho... a 50k that starts at midnight... meaning that most folks are finishing at 4-6a.

Whereupon we were treated to pasta and sauce.

I can think of about 1,000 things I'd rather have than pasta at 5a.  Especially after being up all night.

(the next year we had yummy brefass burritos)

((the following years, I remember it not being as good as burritos nor as weird as pasta))

No more marathons

We have a HM here in the mountains of Western North Carolina that serves up home made potato soup after the race.  Yum!

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

ben.talsma.1

How about for all runners:

- personalized long sleeve tech shirt

- cotton shirt for those folks who are old school

- second old school cotton shirt for those who suffered through the race the prior year

- keepsake chip

- silicone Silipint pint glass full of local craftbeer

- unique wooden medal

- personalized bib

- Hatch showprint poster

Speaking of unique wooden medals, there's a new trail race in Michigan that's giving away wooden finishers' medals and BRANDING them on-site.  You finish the race, they brand your medal for you (presumably not while you're wearing it).

Check out The Hungerford Games

xor

I'm gonna pass just because they called it the Hungerford Games.  Heh.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Did Trent type part of that and that guy with no log typed part in the quote from Trent? How do you know which is which?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xhristopher

Attn. Beer!