Liberty Bell rights sold. Being moved to Irvine, CA, via Toyota Tundra. (Read 133 times)

The local news in Philadelphia is reporting that because Phialdelphia's budget crisis is so severe, they have signed a 25 year lease, giving the rights of the Liberty Bell to Taco Bell.  The CEO of Taco Bell indicates the Liberty bell will be moved from its' current location in Philadelphia, alll the way across the nation to the Headquarters of Taco Bell in Irvine, CA.  The CEO states the bell will still be available for public display.

Word also has it that Toyota has paid Taco Bell a substantial payment for the rights to move the bell to its' new location.  They will put the Liberty Bell on the back of a Toyota Tundra for its' move across the nation....

Opinions?

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Ha ha.

mikeymike

What's the street price for a broken bell anyway?

(The Toyota sponsorship was a nice touch.)

Runners run

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I've got a bridge in Brooklyn...

steph  

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I enjoyed the story about the new tech product, google nose.

Kalsarikännit

The daughter of the Barkley Marathons RD just tweeted that all thirty-five runners have headed out on their fifth lap. (I get that only a small group will understand the humor in this.)

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The best part about WG's post is not the fact that she alluded to 35 runners in the 5th lap, but that she implied she reads twitter feeds.

That's some funny shit, that is.

mikeymike

I thought she was implying that she is the daughter of the Barkley Marathons RD.

Runners run

Kalsarikännit

The best part about WG's post is not the fact that she alluded to 35 runners in the 5th lap, but that she implied she reads twitter feeds.

That's some funny shit, that is.

It is good for following hundred milers out in god-forsaken nowheresville (In this case Tennessee).

And that is it.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes, it was pretty cool that Laz has got the folks at Frozenhead State Park to install complete Wi-Fi coverage throughout. Some tremendous tweets coming out of the participants out in the field.