Missing Courses From New Run Entry (Read 693 times)

The shirtless wonder

When entering runs I've noticed that some of my courses are not displayed in the drop down. This only seems to happen with courses that start with a number for a name. For example my "8ish Mile Run" does not appear. Nor does my "5.24 Mile Double Loop" but other courses that begin with numbers appear. Greg
      Has it been a while since you've used the courses? They might be outside the setting you have for course filtering?

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

The shirtless wonder

I have it set to show courses run in the last 999 months! Smile
        eric :)

Greg, This is a known problem. It was working at one point but I'm not sure why it stopped working. Maybe it's browser specific. It's only list of bugs to fix. eric :-)
          Homer

My problem is similiar to Greg's.

In my new run entry,  the drop down arrow for the course entry does not work.  My course entry does not change.  I can type over it, but when it appears on my workout, it shows the original entry.  I have approx.
            2 dozen courses and they all show up when I click on "courses", but does not allow me to change my entry.  The drop down feature is not colored blue, like all my other drop down arrows.  This problem started about 2 weeks ago.   Any ideas? 

Homer,

It's working properly for me.  Could you give me more info?  For example, browser and its version.  What course name are you trying to enter?

Homer

I use Internet Explorer, Comdata XP.   My course entry is stuck on Drakes Creek Park.  It will not let me change to any other courses on my list, even if I type over it, when I save my entry, it saves Drakes Creek Park regardless of what I type.    

Thanks 

Homer,

What version of Internet Explorer are you using?  I wasn't able to reproduce your problem but what you experienced was similar to another bug that I fixed.

eric :-)

Homer

Eric,

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition   5.1.2600

Is the the info that you needed?   I made another entry tonight and same problem persist.  All of my down-arrows are shaded blue except for the "course" downarrow, and it is white with a black arrow.  Recently, I have been adding entries in March, April and May of 2006, as well as some current ones, but each time it
                    will show "Drakes Creek Park" as my course, even if I type in another selection.   |
                    Maybe this infomation will furnish a clue as to the problem.

I appreciate  your efforts.

Homer

Hi Homer,

I found a bug in that area of the code.  I'm not sure if that's the problem you're encountering because I can't reproduce it on my test machines.  Your computer will need to download the latest version of a javascript file.  To do that, go the the workout editor page and then press ctrl-F5.  Your browser will refresh.  Try entering a new course and see if that fixes the problem.

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey Eric, that worked for me, except, the default distance doesn't save for some reason. The distance column is blank. And it's not showing up in the "Search for running routes" function. Do I need to do something additional to save this course so it would be searchable and publicly viewable" It shows up as a workout, but not a course. What am I missing?

(The course is the Deadwood-Mickelson Trail Marathon from June 7). A search for races in Deadwood does not return anything.

Thanks Eric.

MTA: also, when clicking on the "edit" pencil icon in the course list it takes me to a default blank map centered on Denver, CO (?). When clicking on the course title, it takes me to the correct course. Not sure what's happening here.

I'd like to save this race course so that other RA'ers could find it.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Homer

Hi Homer,

I found a bug in that area of the code.  I'm not sure if that's the problem you're encountering because I can't reproduce it on my test machines.  Your computer will need to download the latest version of a javascript file.  To do that, go the the workout editor page and then press ctrl-F5.  Your browser will refresh.  Try entering a new course and see if that fixes the problem.

Thank you for your time and trouble.  It seems to be working now.  I tried 2 entries and it changed like
                          it should.     
                          Homer