Parkrun Canada & Parkrun USA Suspended (Read 70 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

🚨 All parkrun events in Canada have been suspended with immediate effect due to the ongoing COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situationAt this stage we have cancelled events up to the end of MarchFollow this link for updates👉🏽http://parkrun.me/covid19🔄 Please share🌳 #loveparkrun

MTA: Link for updates includes list of affected countries including USA.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm starting to see not only the big urban road races being cancelled or postponed, but small ultra trail races of only a couple hundred runners.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Half Crazy K 2.0

In MD, any event with more than 250 people has to cancel. I think some areas have an even lower threshold. Local running clubs have even canceled group run that don't even come close to that number.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I do think some of it is just baselining - when everyone else is cancelling, nobody wants to be the group that sticks out.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I do think some of it is just baselining - when everyone else is cancelling, nobody wants to be the group that sticks out.

Plus, in areas with limits on gatherings, if you're the only option, now there is the risk of getting 250 of whatever limit states/counties/cities have set.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I'm starting to see not only the big urban road races being cancelled or postponed, but small ultra trail races of only a couple hundred runners.

Add in the volunteers and race support staff and you can start to get closer to the 250 limits.  A lot of places asking for people to practice social distancing which is not compatible with racing.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

gsaun039

Caffeine-fueled Runner

I have been running a pub run until my recent back injury.  Just started back with it over the last couple of weeks.  Sponsored through Fleet Feet, I expect we'll see a notice that all those runs are going to be cancelled for a period of time.

PR's--- 5K  24:11,   10K  49:40,   10-Mile  1:26:02,  HM  1:56:03,   Marathon  4:16:17

Maniac #11112, Fanatic #14276, Double Agent #2335