Shoe Mileage Error (Read 1005 times)

I have a shoe [labeled Brooks Defyance (B)] that is currently showing an inflated mileage total (its showing over 800 miles, whereas the total should be closer to 200). I have checked the list of all runs in the shoe (shoe log) and there do not appear to be any typos in the mileage figures that would explain the problem. Initial mileage for the shoe is zero, so that doesn't appear to be the problem either. Thanks for any suggestions or fix.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

eric :)

There's a tabulation error. It is counting the miles you ran in the GPS entries that you haven't added to your log yet. I'll have it fixed.
        I always seem to stumble on the weirdest bugs. I assume that since I checked the "Fill workouts to be uploaded with info from the last saved workout entry" option, it filled in the shoe information into all the imported GPS entries -- including those I left "pending" on the import page. Thanks for fixing this eric. Presumably the only workout entries that should count towards shoe mileage are entries actually added to the log.

Hi Eric, Just wanted to state that I found this same error today. Using the summary button for the shoe generates a more correct looking total. Thanks for your great work!
          Team Cross Runs more than just a running blog!
            I knew I couldn't be the only one to stumble on this. Don't worry, eric usually fixes small problems like this on a periodic basis when he does regular updates of code to the live server. Only true "show-stopper" bugs get fixed immediately.

HermosaBoy

Seem to be having a similar problem in my son's log (CamScam95).  If I do a report for his Active Saucony's it shows a lower mileage than if I go to equipment and look up the shoe it shows 392 miles.  If I drill down to the specific workouts and hit summary -- it shows 218.  Not sure what additional information I can provide...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

You'll ruin your knees!

I always seem to stumble on the weirdest bugs.  
                Well, afterall, you were able to find "x" easily! 

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

HermosaBoy

Just went in and checked the mileage for the shoe and it is showing correctly.

You are fast...

OK Eric, what did you do?

Rob

I lost track of this bug and so it was never fixed until last night.  Sorry about that!
                    HermosaBoy

I lost track of this bug and so it was never fixed until last night.  Sorry about that!

No worries -- greatly appreciate the quick fix.

I guess I can put the shoes I rushed out to by into the closet for a bit...

Rob

No worries -- greatly appreciate the quick fix.

I guess I can put the shoes I rushed out to by into the closet for a bit...

Both values are correct.  As I indicated in my original post, it all depends on how you treat the log.  If you do not consider workouts in the imported area, then the smaller number is correct.  If you count the mileage in the imported workouts, then the larger value is the true mileage.