Running and raw food diet (Read 1052 times)

mb197314

Can one be a runner and eat a mostly raw food diet? Would they be able to get enough carbs, fats, etc to maintain a marathon training plan?
      Absolutely... I recommend you check out "The Thrive Diet" by vegan ultramarathoner and Ironman triathlete, Brendan Brazier. Lots of information on how to get all you need for a heavy training schedule out of raw food. http://www.penguin.ca/static/cs/cn/0/microsites/thrivediet/index.html

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What is a raw food diet? What would your carb and protein source be? I hear that sugar, starch, and caffeine cravings are commonly the first signs of stress. They’re the red flags we must recognize; indicating that stress levels are higher than what’s healthy. These symptoms of stress play an important role. They alert us that something is out of balance and will worsen if not fixed. How can this be fixed? Confused
          check out this guy! www.runningraw.com http://youtube.com/watch?v=h2PqiBt3o5Y I'm just a regular old cooked food carnivore, but this guy kicks some serious ass!
          MM# 1477

My Hero

Can one be a runner and eat a mostly raw food diet? Would they be able to get enough carbs, fats, etc to maintain a marathon training plan?
            Evidently. My understanding is that Karno is somewhat on this diet. The whole "pizza" thing he did mention along with saying he ate a lot of raw food.
            Scout7

Is this like that Paleo diet? There's a reason people started cooking food.
                Is this like that Paleo diet? There's a reason people started cooking food.
                That is one of the most STRICT diets out there.... I don't know how one eats and can run on a diet like that one..... No beans, no grains, no dairy.... Not much else left except meat and veggies. Boring! MTA: Spelling....

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Evidently. My understanding is that Karno is somewhat on this diet. The whole "pizza" thing he did mention along with saying he ate a lot of raw food.
                  Pizza, on crust, is NOT raw. Bread and pasta is out.
                  Not much else left except RAW meat and veggies.
                  Fixed.
                  Scout7

Still don't see the point to any of them.
                      Still don't see the point to any of them.
                      People who follow raw diets say that heating food over a certain temperature (usually 110 degrees) destroys enzymes in the food. MTA: Usually when people are talking about raw diets, they are referring to vegan diets (i.e. no animal products).

Amy

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

This looks suspiciously likes one of those fake question / answer threads. I'm suspicious anytime a thread opens up with two no-profile, no-log people that I've never seen post before. Yes, it does suck sometime to be this pessimistic.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

This looks suspiciously likes one of those fake question / answer threads. I'm suspicious anytime a thread opens up with two no-profile, no-log people that I've never seen post before. Yes, it does suck sometime to be this pessimistic.
                          You got me. Trying to bring people over to the Dark Side again. Wanna buy some soy protein powder?

Amy

Scout7

People who follow raw diets say that heating food over a certain temperature (usually 110 degrees) destroys enzymes in the food. MTA: Usually when people are talking about raw diets, they are referring to vegan diets (i.e. no animal products).
                            Any science behind any of this? I'm not against a vegan or vegetarian diet. You go with your bad self. But I don't see how not eating cooked food provides much benefit.
                              Any science behind any of this?
                              I am not aware of any.

Amy

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Wanna buy some soy protein powder?
                                Sure, if it doesn't taste like dung.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.