ultimate runner's test...... (Read 4097 times)

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Thats why I use the treadmill or run on the beach

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thats why I use the treadmill or run on the beach
      Come run on the beach in MI right now. Have fun with the cuts on your feet from ice and aforementioned frostbite. If it's a choice between logging 1+ hour runs on a TM barefoot or on the road with evil shoes I will take my chances with the shoes.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

sport jester

Biomimeticist

yea, I'm sure MI sucks at the moment. Yet the TM is a much better strength training opportunity for your feet than level ground running in shoes will ever be. If you want to be a faster runner (that 20% you're capable of) then strength training for the feet is a critical component

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

yea, I'm sure MI sucks at the moment. Yet the TM is a much better strength training opportunity for your feet than level ground running in shoes will ever be. If you want to be a faster runner (that 20% you're capable of) then strength training for the feet is a critical component
          Yeah...ok. Wanna buy me a TM. I have a feeling the local gym has rules about barefoot running. Plus that pesky 1 hour shut-off on the TMs and a 20-30 minute limit if it's busy. I'd be more than 20% better/faster/stronger if I dropped 20#s...oh, and if I could be cured of my pesky asthma. I could give a rat's ass about the rest at the moment.

~ Sarah Kay

sport jester

Biomimeticist

No, I don't buy people TM's. Craigslist sells them cheap.However, I can get you to running heart rate at a walking pace at a 15% incline. Your running heart rate will be the results of strength needs of your legs rather than for repetition of firing which is all running is. You can also wear aqua socks, or other sock style foot coverings. Ask your gym what they consider minimum requirements

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

And what do you have against the shoe?
              usually the bottom of my foot and my toes.
              Quite a roll you're on this thread Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

The force is strong with this one. (This one being me.)
                You should shower.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm here all night, folks. Dont' forget to tip the beef to your waitress.
                  Wow, risque tonight huh?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. Wait. What was the question?
                    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The biological question is how to reduce the impact forces your body absorbs with each step you take. The higher the impact force, the quicker you'll need surgery.
                      Internal combustion baby, that's the secret to reducing impact stress.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The higher the impact force, the quicker you'll need surgery.
                        Surgery? For what? Where is your data on running injury rates? Underpowered studies published in obscure journals that happen to be Pubmed indexed anyway don't count.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Quite a roll you're on this thread Smile
                          Can I eat my beef prize on that roll?

~ Sarah Kay

sport jester

Biomimeticist

google "running injury" and you'll get far more websites to answer the question for you

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

plants, shmants, those will injure your mouth and esophagus. For thousands of years humans ate animals. You want to eat 20% more, the 20% more you're capable of? Eat animals. I've coached world class eaters, and everyone can eat 20% more, if they loose the shackles.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Can I eat my beef prize on that roll?
                                You could, but a lot of mouth injuries come from that. You can eat more than 20% more if you leave out the roll.