Who all is here and what are you doing? (Read 16874 times)

Now that was a bath...

I see ya! How's my favorite American? Hey that's an impressive list of races! I must remember to worship you more from now on. When you've had a good look around the site chase up zoomzoom (Kirsten) for the password to the ladies locker room. There we discuss the size of the men's bits and make suggestive and slightly gay comments to each other. Wink Or maybe not. The Dam to Dam looks like a cool race. Good luck with starting up again. I hope you get a great deal on a treadmill soon! Great to see you over here though. There's so much to over analyze here too! Better go - I need to shower after my run. Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

When you've had a good look around the site chase up zoomzoom (Kirsten) for the password to the ladies locker room. There we discuss the size of the men's bits and make suggestive and slightly gay comments to each other. Wink Or maybe not.
      That goes for all the new members of the X chromosome persuasion! Oh, and Justin...I think I have a headache after reading that! k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Can you kick her out for giving away some of our secrets? Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...but she didn't give away the REALLY big ones... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Okay, here it goes-- I am a married 37 year old, female, who has pounds to lose. I live in Central Oregon and am an elementary teacher. I have run off and on for my whole life, although I would say mostly off. Smile I have two kids ages 9 and 7. (It's easier to get outside now that they are older. Which is why we bought a treadmill a while back.) Anyway, I ran my only half marathon in May of 05 as recovery to a hysterectomy that I had in November 04. Then I took a break again. I guess the point is that I run better, more consistently, when I have a goal. Over the new year some girl friends and I came up with the idea that we could run 1000 miles in the year 2007. That is my new goal. So I researched the web and found this site. Which, by the way, is 10 zillion times better than I ever imagined. Excellent, Eric, Excellent! So I started running again and here I am! Actually there are 11 of us here, but I think most are shy....and I am not! Big grin PS Thanks for all the help and question answering you people have done for me. Very appreciated! Yes Jill
            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

You'll ruin your knees!

Wow! It's really cool to be away a couple of days and to come back to find a bait of new posters! Welcome one and all... Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

I've only been a member of the site for a couple of weeks now so I'm still relatively new. Although I've touched upon my history in a couple of other forum posts, I figured I'd make with a more formal introduction. My name is Chris. I'm 31 years old, married and have two dogs and two cats. I've been living in Columbus, Ohio for about 5 and a half years now and lived in central New Jersey (for 15 years) and Brooklyn, NY (11 years) before that. I ran through all 4 years of high school and through my first two years at Rutgers University. Unfortunately, running for a Division I program wasn't the right thing for me since I went from being a big fish in a small pond (having won a number of titles at the high school level) to an average fish in an enormous ocean. It seems I had become so extrinsically motivated by the newspaper articles, medals and winning that I absolutely required it to stay motivated. After a tumultuous 2 years at the college level, I decided to call it quits. According to my sports psych studies, I had suffered from burnout. After I quit, I played rugby for a few years, hit the gym, packed on some weight and barely even resembled a distance runner within a matter of a few short years (I was 5'7 and almost 200 lbs back in 2003). Little did I know that things would change once my company built an on-site gym a couple of years ago. I found that I still possessed my competitive nature and began competing in competition after competition in our gym. Eventually, that got me back into pretty good shape. I've since been playing softball, flag football and little bit of indoor soccer. My strength in each of these has been my ability to run faster and longer than almost anyone else on the field (my actual skills at each sport are lacking in comparison). I put two and two together and decided to give running another chance. Although I set a few goals for myself last year, I felt short of those goals due to a lack of training and committment to the sport. I'm hoping this year promises to be different. This website has definitely helped to provide the additional motivation that I think I'll need to get where I'd like to be. I don't necessarily need to win any more. I'm just hoping to get progressively better and stay injury free at this point. Smile
                Wingz

Professional Noob

Welcome, all! Jillybean, I don't see your name in the 1000 mile group! Get thee hence! Big grin http://www.runningahead.com/groups/1000MileClub

Roads were made for journeys...

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Hmmm...I am in the 1000 miles group. Maybe you just didn't find me because I am so far away from the bunny. I also realized that I am still only 36 until June! Shocked Then I'll be 37! Oh, how funny is that! Crazy, I am. Whoops! Big grin Jill
                    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                      I've been running regularly for the last 24 years. Entered some races, did pretty well in some-not so well in others. But in the main running was work-related and I viewed it as such. Now that I'm nearing my retirement I've got a position that gives me a lot of free time. My running suffered from a lack of direction or purpose. I recently discovered a new reason to run - Me. I've entered the OKC Marathon (29 APR 2007) and I've found that it's really re-energized my running. I guess it's my goal oriented nature. Went to the local bookstore and bought a new running log. Then I found this site. Go figure... I'm 41, married with a teenage son. Both my wife and son have entered the 5K walk/fun run, so we're all looking forward to a trip to Oklahoma City in April. RLTW, Mike
                        Time for me to introduce myself... I'm 22 years old and a senior at Wisconsin majoring in computer science with some business classes on the side. I'm pretty much a native of the Madison area, and I absolutely love the city, even moreso now that I discovered all the trails, parks, and lakesides for my running pleasure. I'm also in the UW Marching Band, which unlike most other bands is anything but just walking around. It's a high-knees, stop-at-the-top with-intensity step. This is what got me started me running--to get in shape for it. I started running about three years ago. Now I run for fun and satisfaction. I love pushing myself hard, with just me out there (and sometimes my girlfriend) and the road. My whole day seems to go great after a good run--I'm more calm, relaxed, and happy. I'm not competitive at heart, except with myself, which is why running is perfect for me. My main goal this spring/summer is to run a 10 mile race at the end of July in 80 minutes, although I'd be happy with 85. I'd also like to keep gaining milage, and most importantly have fun running. By the way, I absoutely love this site. I'm a huge running stats nerd, and I coded up my own small running log program last year, but my CS department hosed the database and I lost half a year of data Angry
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm 22 years old and a senior at Wisconsin majoring in computer science with some business classes on the side. I'm pretty much a native of the Madison area, and I absolutely love the city, even moreso now that I discovered all the trails, parks, and lakesides for my running pleasure. I'm also in the UW Marching Band, which unlike most other bands is anything but just walking around. It's a high-knees, stop-at-the-top with-intensity step. This is what got me started me running--to get in shape for it. I started running about three years ago.
                          GO BADGERS!!! Glad to see another cheesehead on board! I've been displaced to MI for over a decade, but I'll always be a cheesehead at heart. Smile Marching band is HARD work! My brother was a trombonist (we called him the trom-boner, LOL) for Northwestern U's marching band for 2 seasons (unfortunately, not the 2 seasons they were big 10 champs, nor the year they played in the Rose Bowl). He really got in shape doing that. k

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Welcome Mike and Brad! So cool to have you guys here. Brad, that pic on your profile is awesome! Both of you please jump in these forums and make yourselves comfortable. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Hello, my name is George and I live in Milford, De. I just started running in December to lose weight and to finally at the age of 38 do some of the things that I said I would do when I made a list at 16. I am running my first race on 03/31/07 in a 5K. I am very heavy so I have a very slow pace but I plan on that changing. I was told about this place on my blog so I came here to check it out.
                              "You can have a victory without winning" Please Read my eBlog http://wherearethespiders.blogspot.com/
                                Hello, my name is George and I live in Milford, De. I just started running in December to lose weight and to finally at the age of 38 do some of the things that I said I would do when I made a list at 16. I am running my first race on 03/31/07 in a 5K. I am very heavy so I have a very slow pace but I plan on that changing. I was told about this place on my blog so I came here to check it out.
                                George...that is awesome that you are doing the things on your list. I wish you all the best in your goals, and a fantastic time in your first 5K. Once you race, you'll be hooked! You'll want a better time next race and the only way to do that is to train. Happy running! Justin
                                Running is a mental sport, and we are all insane! --Unknown