Who all is here and what are you doing? (Read 16874 times)

littleturtlemama

Hi All! I'm Theresa, a (very) newbie runner. Have been at it about a month, doing a lot more walking than running up to this point, but working towards the Race for the Cure 5K in Philly on Mother's Day. I found RA from lifesabeach, someone who I want to be just like Wink I'm a mama to 4 boys aged 7 down to 5 months, and they are my primary motivation for getting healthy and getting running (I NEED to run to keep up with them!!)
      Hi All! I'm Theresa, a (very) newbie runner. Have been at it about a month, doing a lot more walking than running up to this point, but working towards the Race for the Cure 5K in Philly on Mother's Day. I found RA from lifesabeach, someone who I want to be just like Wink I'm a mama to 4 boys aged 7 down to 5 months, and they are my primary motivation for getting healthy and getting running (I NEED to run to keep up with them!!)
      omgosh! I saw your username pop up and thought, is that Theresa!? You are so hot. Cool Good for you! and what are you talkin bout...I wanna be like YOU!

Jennifer mm#1231

Welcome, guys an d gals. Good luck with the smoking, wiley!
          Hi folks. I'm new to RUNNINGAHEAD and after a few days of logging my info here, I thought I should chime in here. I've been running for a full year now and having a grand time. I'll be running a 5k this Sunday and I hope to complete it in under 30 minutes. My goal is to run a marathon this fall. I'm looking forward to joining the threads and getting to "know" all of you.
          Scout7

Hey, Grun. Welcome aboard. Any questions, just ask away.
              Hi Grun Welcome to the group. Good luck this weekend. What marathon are you thinking of running? Ewa
              I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                I'm trying to get over to do the Dublin (and spend a good 10 days vacationing there as well). If I'm unable to swing the finances and child care arrangements, I will settle for the Twin Cities (Minnesota). They both fall around the same time.
                  Ireland is not cheap Sad especially with dollar so low. Whichever marathon you end up running, good luck to you and again have a good run on Sunday. Ewa
                  I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                    I should formally introduce myself, some of you know me, most don't. I'm a friend of Trent's, ran the Monkey Marathon in Nashville last year and hope to do the unsanctioned Double Monkey this year. It's the most fun course ever! My kneecap popped out at 6 miles, but I knew Trent wouldn't like it if I quit, so I ambled along finishing in about 5hrs. It was the most beautiful, soul filling course and race experience of any length.Trent puts on a top notch event! My name is Samantha, I'm 39, live in Kansas in a Kansas City suburb, but was raised in Los Angeles and transplanted about 5 yrs ago. I stay home with my two fantastic kids, ages 6 and 3, and work a little on the side from home when time allows. Or if I feel like it. Which I don't today. I've been a runner for more than 26 yrs, went through high school/college with it. Been regaining shape since the birth of my last baby, and I mean last, and am now trying to make the Trials for the Olympics in the marathon. I may or may not make it for '08, but I figure '12 will definitely be my last hurrah before I progress to ultras and triathlons where I can still be competitive even with the ravages of time. I'm trying to pull my QT at Chicago this year, we'll see, my training has been dicey and I'm a bit behind track. I had some success at shorter distances, moved up to the marathon last Oct,and promptly had my kneecap pop out in three of 4 races. Poor Trent was on speed dial then. I'm planning on having fun this year,and whatever happens, happens.I'll be running through CMM next month, no time expectation, just road experience. And of course,I get to see Trent, so it'll be a great party! SO, that's me. Big grin
                    Scout7

Sam, I think you should be required to post Trent's number for the greater good of the masses. So much easier than posting on a message board.....
                        Hi Sam WELCOME to RA!! Hope to hear that you qualify for the Olympic trials!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hi, Sam! Welcome back! Big grin A HS classmate of mine (Wendi Ray) qualified for the last trials, but didn't make it to the Olympics. I should look around and see if she is going for it again. I'd be really excited to *know* someone competing at that level. Smile k Edited to add that apparently she has qualified for the trials. She's #21: usatf.org Best of luck to you in your efforts! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey folks, I've been on the site for about a month, so I figured it was time for a formal intro. My name is Jeff. I grew up in Michigan, spent a dozen years in northern California, and now live in northern Alabama. I'm 36, and I've been running on and off for over 20 years. The last time the running was "on" was in 2001 to drop some lbs. for my wedding, and I've been "off" basically since the honeymoon. Undecided I made a commitment (I hate new year's resolutions, but that's kind of what it was) that I was going to get back into running in a serious way this year, building up slowly. I've had a lot of false starts, flameouts, and unrealistic goals in the past, so my goal for this year is simply to be consistent, steady and healthy. I was a track and x-country guy in high school, and really enjoy short distance races (esp. 1 mile ~ 5k). Thinking long-term into '08 and beyond, I'd like to get to the point where I can make another run at some of those old PR's (all of which are from '87~'90) while I'm in my 30's. I'd like to start marathon training in about 3~4 years. I made the decision to get back into running because I hope to live a long and healthy life to see my children grow up and grow old. But most of all, I chose to start up again because I love running. Always have. And I was tired of thinking of myself as a runner while not actually being one. This site has been a great source of information, motivation, inspiration, and procrastination. I'm glad I discovered it. Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

You'll ruin your knees!

Welcome Jeff and Sam, it's good to have you here... Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

A formal welcome to Sam and Jeff!