Who all is here and what are you doing? (Read 16874 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hi Zoom (you are everywhere),
    I'm kind of a menace, that way. But I'm harmless...mostly. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

run4fun8910

Hi All, I am also a cool running refugee. Though maybe it is a good thing. This site seems very polished. I like the log and the map feature. I am in my 4th week of running and am loving it. Today I just did my personal best. I ran 2 miles at 11min pace. My goal is to run a 5k in Apr07 then a half marathon in Oct07. And hopfully along they way get below 200lbs. Though that is just a secondary goal. Nice to meet everyone. Shawn
      Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn

Another Passion

Way to go Shawn and, welcome, along with all the other CR transfers! Big grin One thing I have noticed consistently with the majority of the CR transfers is that you do not have profiles or, if you do, they are not public, as well as your training logs (which I know many of you Eric is working on transfering into RA here). You may want to consider either creating a profile and making it public or, if you have one and have it private, to make it public. This will make it easier for others to get to know you. If y'all are fiercely private though, I respect that as well. I just thought perhaps many of you didn't know you had this option. Wink

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

My name is Lou. I'm 50 years old and I've been running for 2.5 years. I used to play indoor soccer and brag that I never ran more than 40 yards at a time. When I blew out the second knee, I floundered around for a while, then finally listened to my wife who had been trying to get me to run since we started dating 14 years ago. Now I have four marathons, several half marathons and a handful of other races under my belt. My wife and I train very early in the morning, trying to finish our runs by 6am, so start time depends on the planned distance. Sometimes that can be a grind, but normally that only happens during training cycle peak, for a few weeks, at which time I may back off a bit to avoid the overtraining syndrome. Nice to meet you!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hi there. Another former CR user here. Although I wasn't over there for very long, just started running in September. This site is great, the log is great and the forums look good! I started running to get in shape. I've tried running before in my life and always hated it. Probably pushed to hard too fast. This time I did the C25K, ran my first race Thanksgiving weekend (a5K) and loved it. I am totally hooked. Smile My Christmas list is loaded with running stuff. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. I am a newbie here, and pretty much a newbie runner. Excited about both! Big grin

http://www.runningnotes.net

Vally

Hello! I too am a former CR running member, but a new RA member. Smile I currently am trying to work myself off my cozy place on the sofa and RUN. After my starting program I fell off the wagon when I took the structure away. I am going to begin HH Spring Training here soon. Thanks RA for having a good site that has a cozy, friendly vibe to it. I was so excited to hear about you and so were the other virtual running friends who started out with me. I am looking forward to a beautiful friendship.....
                from coolrunnings. also kickrunners. so i'm two timin'... live in tucson. training for pf chang phoenix marathon 13 jan. running for 29 years, 43 y/o.
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hi there. Another former CR user here. Although I wasn't over there for very long, just started running in September. This site is great, the log is great and the forums look good! I started running to get in shape. I've tried running before in my life and always hated it. Probably pushed to hard too fast. This time I did the C25K, ran my first race Thanksgiving weekend (a5K) and loved it. I am totally hooked. Smile My Christmas list is loaded with running stuff. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. I am a newbie here, and pretty much a newbie runner. Excited about both! Big grin
                  Hi, nhrunningmom! I'm a running mom in Maine, and we sound a lot alike! I did the C25K program starting in October 2006, and ran eight 5ks in 2007. I never ran before, and now I love it. Are you very close to Eliot, Maine (southern tip of the state, right next to NH)? The 5k race there in September is wonderful - great food, live band, and nice course.
                  SoCalBruce

Another Cool running boomer refugee (Bruce Braucher). Lasted 10 minutes on active. Too much hassel. Hoping to get running regularly again in the next few weeks. I was injured in a Half Marathon about 6 weeks ago. Tendonitis (sp?) Nice to see other Cool running Boomers here.
                      Hi, nhrunningmom! I'm a running mom in Maine, and we sound a lot alike! I did the C25K program starting in October 2006, and ran eight 5ks in 2007. I never ran before, and now I love it. Are you very close to Eliot, Maine (southern tip of the state, right next to NH)? The 5k race there in September is wonderful - great food, live band, and nice course.
                      I work in Portsmouth, NH, so I'm very close to Eliot! The Turkey Trot I did was the one in York. I will definitely add the Eliot 5K to my plans! I'm so anxious to run another race, it stinks that it's winter and not many races are on the calendars, so a newbie like me can see what's coming in the next year! Smile I'm thinking about the Portsmouth Market Square Day 10K in June. We'll see... Do you run outside? The last couple of weeks have been pretty brutal! I need those Christmas wish list items NOW!! Smile

http://www.runningnotes.net

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I work in Portsmouth, NH, so I'm very close to Eliot! The Turkey Trot I did was the one in York. I will definitely add the Eliot 5K to my plans! I'm so anxious to run another race, it stinks that it's winter and not many races are on the calendars, so a newbie like me can see what's coming in the next year! Smile I'm thinking about the Portsmouth Market Square Day 10K in June. We'll see... Do you run outside? The last couple of weeks have been pretty brutal! I need those Christmas wish list items NOW!! Smile
                        Yes, I'm crazy and run outside. Not today, though - I couldn't even get my car out without a lot of effort. I bought YakTrax last year so I can run on the ice and snow. I also have a running partner who keeps me honest! I can't wimp out and stay in bed when I know she's waiting for me to show up. Only a few more days and you will having your new running stuff!

I work in Portsmouth, NH, so I'm very close to Eliot! [...] Do you run outside? The last couple of weeks have been pretty brutal! I need those Christmas wish list items NOW!! Smile
                          I'm up in the Portland, Maine area. I've run Eliot the last few years; last year was not all that great, but new race management this year brought it back towards its high standard. It's a fun race. I run all year 'round. When it's too dangerous to run on the roads, I just slow the pace down and struggle through the snow on the trails. Its fun, and I know I did something by the time I'm done. Quite exhausting.

Run to Win
                          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Mariposai

My running name is Mariposai, "butterfly princess" in the Guarani Indian language. I have been running on and off for the last 12 years. This is my third winter of long distance running. I ran my first marathon last October and had run 3 other marathons since then. I am currently planning to run a solo marathon in Paraguay, SA in January. What else can I say about myself? I love running, I love dancing, I love cooking and most of all I absolutely love chatting with runaholics like me. Wink

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Welcome to everyone! Glad ya'll are here.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Hill Runner

Hi Everyone, I'm from the CoolRunning Forum. I've been running regularly about 2 years and just recently finished my 1st full marathon at 56. I'm looking to do another marathon sometime in the spring of '08. I am basically a fitness runner and don't run a lot of races or use any training plan. I run lots of hills every morning. Smile

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                                Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                                Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13