Who all is here and what are you doing? (Read 16874 times)

Hi All Greetings from Ohio, Also coming over from CR although I wasn't a regular. Been running since 1992 only 5 k's until 1998. Now have 2 marathons and 12 half's. Times peaked in 2003 now just run for fitness (use to be mad if I did not get an age group award) but still race for motivation. Active in local running club and director of our half on March 2, 2008. Training for half at Flying Pig in May. This site looks great, could help get thru what looks like a long winter.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Also from CR and so glad to be here -- I got so annoyed that here I am at 4 a.m. getting my stuff copied over (yay!) when my toddler-kid wakes up in 2 hrs. And Sundays are my long run day. Oy. Shocked I'm in Boston, and a landscaper, so my excuse for being up so late is that my work season is finally done! Have been running for my whole life, pretty much, though more seriously since college (graduated in '98). Did my first half-marathon in 2004, ran through my entire pregnancy in 2005, got back on the horse with back-to-back B.A.A. Half & Tufts 10K this fall. I'm training for the Martha's Vineyard 20-Miler in Feb '08, and loving winter training. (Yaktrax!)

Carolyn - Boston Marathon 2014 Training Blog
      Yo tengo que soñar, asi nadie me va a parar, asi puedo volar.

ksabbo

Hi There, ksabbo checking in. I used to post a lot on Coolrunning, but have been primarily lurking for the past few years. I'm a 49 y.o. female, living in Maryland. Have been running off and on as long as I can remember, but more seriously for the past 5-6 years. Karen
        northernman

Fight The Future

Hello, Yet another refugee from CR. I'm 50, and have been running since last March. I did one half-marathon last summer and one full marathon in October. I'm definitely hooked, now. My goal is to BQ before I turn 55. I like easy training, so I've tried Chi Running (which I think is very good) and LHR/MAF type of running (which is terrific). No injuries in the last few months, yay! Glad to meet all of you, and I look forward to getting some great tips from you all.
          T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Hello everybody. I would also like to thank Eric for all the work in providing this website. My name is Troy, I am 40 and I live in Spokane, Washington. I am a triathlete, but I come from a running background. Being a runner in the sport of triathlon is beautiful because when I get off the bike for the final event, I feel right at home. I did a 3:33 marathon split at Ironman Coeur d' Alene. The last guy in my age group to qualify for Kona beat me by 59 seconds! Ouch. In October I ran the Spokane Marathon in 2:57 (it's a challenging course). I use this website to track all of my training sessions. It's very helpful to look back and see what worked and what didn't last year. Happy running!

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

This is a great site, so far I'm loving it. Greatjob Eric. My name is Kerrie, I'm 32 and live in southern MA.I have been runninng for just over 2 years, my longest race was a 1/2 marathon. My goals for this year are to run the same 1/2 but faster and be better prepared. Looking forward to getting to know the site better.
                I'm Jonathan, I am 50, and from suburban New York (Westchester). I have participated in 143 races of all distances including 5 1/2 marathons. I've been at this for about a dozen years. I have also decided to go to law school this year--I have just completed my first semester. Confused Is this anything a guy of my age should be doing??? Probably not, but then again, who said I had any sence... Between my studies I hope to run the New York City Marathon this year with some friends. One of my friends keeps challenging me to help her to qualify for the boston Marathon. Oh, if only I were in shape for that! Jonathan aka Prince J (formerly of Cool Running).
                I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                Timbodeener

Another former CR member here....wish I would have known about this site before....nicer log for sure. Anyway, I was into running and racing (mostly 5K's to 10K's) back in the running boom of the late 70's and early 80's when I was in my late teens and eary 20's. Ran on and off over the next 20 years but could never seem to stick with it....realized that I needed to enter races to keep me motivated to train. So....I picked it up again last May and have been doing pretty well with 3 races under my belt this past fall. Also have dropped 21 lbs which definitely makes running a lot more enjoyable. Anyway, I'm looking forward to 2008 and have already registered for a 10-miler in April so I will enjoy keeping an eye on the forums and gleening as much advice as I can....hopefully I may be able to help somebody else along the way as well..... RA....thanks for having me!
                    ...and yes, that really is my foot.
                    I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                      Hello everyone, I am Diane! Trent told me to say hello. I have run the Flying Monkey Marathon twice and a couple other marathons, too. It is nice to be here!
                      AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What is a BQ? I'm seeing it here, and this isn't the runnerdrinker group, so, at this point I'm guessing it's not a mixed drink, but, I'm feeling a bit dumb because I cannot guess either letter...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

What is a BQ? I'm seeing it here, and this isn't the runnerdrinker group, so, at this point I'm guessing it's not a mixed drink, but, I'm feeling a bit dumb because I cannot guess either letter...
                          Hi ... I'm not from the US but I worked out that BQ stands for 'Boston Qualifying' - you need to be able to beat a certain time to get a place in the Boston Marathon and that is called a BQ. This is where my assumption will be corrected by people who live locally! Neil UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

You are correct, Sir!
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hello everyone, I am Diane! Trent told me to say hello. I have run the Flying Monkey Marathon twice and a couple other marathons, too. It is nice to be here!
                              Welcome TOD! Hey Mikey, another Nashvillian!! Wink
                              happybarb

Cellcom 2012

Merry Christmas, I thought I would jump in here and introduce myself.....I just started running in October, I'm in the 9th week of the Couch to 5k program. I'm 54 years old and never ran before! Really, never had the energy. Since last April I lost 45 pounds and had so much energy I needed to find an outlet. I started walking 3 - 4 miles a day and then read about c25k program. I'm running on the treadmil at home now to complete the program. Since I live in Wisconsin I am going to wait until spring to take the running outside because I fear falling on the ice and snow. I've been running slow, a 12:15 mile which makes the running enjoyable for me. That's about it, it will be nice to get to know others on RA. Barb