Who all is here and what are you doing? (Read 16874 times)

howdy everyone! another CR refugee here.
      Hello - Ray from Chester County PA here.... I'm 47 - running for about 15 years and ran my 15th marathon in November in Philly - This was my best time yet (2:41:58) although I've been right around 2:45 for several years. I don't race much but try to get in a couple marathons a year... Used to post on CR before that debacle. Married w/2 kids - computers for a living and playing (somewhat infrequently lately) in a bar band as a hobby. I generally post over with the other old guys in the Master Group but figured I'd stop over here and see what was going on. Ray
      huskergirl

Hi Everyone. I just moved over from Cool Running and am glad to have found this website. I'm from Omaha, NE and I have been a runner since high school (I"m 42), but I didn't run my first half marathon until a few years ago. Up until that point, I usaully ran around six miles. I decided before I turned 40 I wanted to run a half. Glad to be here! Smile
          Good evening... I am Kelly, 47, and I am now (unfortunately) living in Illinois...completely missing some of the best Vermont skiing they have had in years. Ran a bit in high school and my early 20's, then got deployed to sea and essentially quit. Took it up a few years ago when the Dr. said lose weight or die....well, so I haven't lost the weight and kept it off....trying to get back into it so I can race 5ks again. One of my best friends from high school is still running sub 12 second 100 meter sprints...and can kick off miles very fast...gotta catch up....if I can only get through the knee and foot issues....grrr...old age is miserable.....LOL

jfa

getting old suks,but it sure beats the alternative.... Cool

el Jeffe

Hello, I came here because my one New Year Resolution was to start logging my training with as much data as possible and this looks like a very good site to help with that. My name is Jeff, I'm 31, and I live in Vancouver Canada. I'm heading into my 5th year of running, but the first 2 were pretty sparse and I only did 1 10km race in each of those first couple years. So far I've completed the Vancouver Marathon '06, Las Vegas Marathon '06, and Royal Victoria Marathon '07. I will be running the Vancouver, St George, and Las Vegas Marathons this year and trying to BQ. I also like triathlons and plan to do Ironman Canada 09. Big grin
                Another CR refugee here. Live in Boston, just hit the big 3-0 (on New Year's Eve). Started running 2 years ago, have done a marathon, 3 half-marathons, and an assortment of 5-Ks, 5-milers, and other races. Signed up for 2 marathons this year. Initially,I started running to just do a single marathon, and cross something off my 'life list'. I only trained for 9 weeks, and finished in 4:13, which I wasn't happy with (wanted to break 4 hours). So I added 'run a sub-4 hour marathon' to the list. In the past six months, I've seen myself get progressively faster, which has kept me motivated to keep running (and hopefully keep getting faster!). I've lowered my PRs to 1:36:22 for a half-marathon, 34:22 for 5 miles, and 19:48 for a 5K. I'm hoping to get under 3:45 for my next marathon, and eventually break 1:30 for the half, and then run a 3:10 marathon to qualify for Boston. Really enjoying Running Ahead, the log is great, and lots of fun stuff in the forums.

Renee the dog

Hi -- also a former CR user here. Saw a reference to this site, and BOOM, here I am. Logs imported and ready to go. I love having something to make me not turn into a weanie in the dead of winter. I live at the coast in NJ, so the winter winds occasionaly make me want to just stay home. So, next race on my schedule is the Ocean Drive 10 Miler at the end of March. Very glad to be here!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Bogart

Bonjour! I am also a former Cool Runner -- couldn't quite figure out Active Trainer -- hoping Runnnig Ahead will allow me to continue logging and graphing kilometres and shoe usage. I live in Toronto and have been running for 27 years, the past 17 on a steady basis. I thank my Uncle Al in Seattle for introducing me to running. He ran a 50km race around a lake in that city over the Christmas holidays in 1981. He can't run any more, but whenever I'm in a race my thoughts invariably turn to that afternoon.
                    piobaireachd

I am yet another CoolRunning refugee. Anybody interested in resurrecting the sub-20 5K / sub-40 10K discussion threads?
                        Hi everyone. I'm a new member/CR escapee. I'm thrilled with the RA site and running log (and really happy to leave CR/Active.com behind!). Thanks to everyone for being to welcoming and accommodating. I'm a 29-year old attorney in Manhattan. I generally run in Central Park and I also often use my long runs to explore NYC (and escape the blackberry!). For anyone visiting NYC, I highly recommend using a run to explore! I've lived in NYC for 6 1/2 years and it never gets old. Every time I step out the door for a run, I see something new. I'm also a soccer player, and I try to play 1-2 times per week. I can be found on many runs trying to keep up with my dog, a creme colored Shiba Inu.
                        kerouacsl

New here, refugee from CR. I have been running since Summer/Fall 2006. I never thought I would run much more than the 5K for which I started training in the Summer of '06. However, after the 5K, my friends challenged me to train for a marathon and fundraise as well. During that time until now, I have had the opportunity and privilege to participate in a 10K (Dec. '06) in Moab, Utah, a half-marathon in Moab, Utah (March '07), a full marathon in Salt Lake City, UT (April '07), a fun 5K in Springville, UT, and a full marathon in Logan, UT (Top of Utah Marathon) in Sept. '07. The fundraising was for the Huntsman Cancer Institute and the entire experience was exhilirating. I never imagined that I would or could run that far. Now, I look forward to my runs and enjoy learning new ways to improve my overall running. The terrain here in Utah is great (especially in the spring to fall time periods). Great to be here!
                            I am yet another CoolRunning refugee. Anybody interested in resurrecting the sub-20 5K / sub-40 10K discussion threads?
                            Hello, I am a coolrunning refugee too. RunningAhead has interesting "groups" that can be joined. Check these out: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/faster5k/ http://www.runningahead.com/groups/10K/
                            piobaireachd

Thank you for directing me to those groups. I knew about the feature, but hadn't browsed them, yet.
                                I'm just figuring out all the neat logs I can keep on this site Smile.....the health note part is a great way to keep track of physio and progress....thanks