Who all is here and what are you doing? (Read 16874 times)

I lurked around CR for the last year or so and posted every once and a while. One of my New Years Resolutions is to do a better job tracking my runs...this log looks to be as good as any I've seen. Thanks to BaldJim for letting me know about this site! I ran two marathons and three 1/2 marathons last year and hope to do at least that again this year...although with a new baby in the house I am not sure that will be possible!!! My next race is the Myrtle Beach Marathon in February.
    jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Hi everyone. I'm Jan and live in a western suburb of Chicago. I started exercising in October of 2006 when I got mad because my weight had peaked, I felt awful, and was approaching my 50th birthday. I spent 8 months with a personal trainer learning how to lift weights properly, build a workout schedule, and train for a long distance (to me) bike ride. Last summer I completed a 245 mile 5 day bike ride and plan to do 360 miles in 6 days this summer. Last August I decided to start running and hope to someday be able to run with DH. I did the C25K and started the OHR program, but am currently sidelined due to an injury caused by not easing in to a new pair of over the counter orthotics. As of today, PT has given me the green light to start back on the elliptical and bike (slowly) and I hope to be running again soon (but not before the custom orthotics come in). I can't believe I actually miss running so much. It is truly addictive.
      C-R

Another CR escapee. This is an excellent site and the training log is top notch. I live near Indianapolis (yes I am a Colts fan - sad at this moment but alas they will rise again on '08). I've run for many years for the sheer enjoyment of it and "to enjoy eating without constant calorie counting". So far so good. I've run lots of marathons and halfs. Not real fast but am hoping to qualify for Boston some day (we all must have a stretch goal Big grin). I'm currently getting back to form after an achilles injury and training for the Indianapolis Mini which I will run with 30,000 + of my best friends. Yes it is crowded but you get to run on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (no milk at that finish line). Looking forward to making new friends here and learning more about running. Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Old, Slow, Happy

Hey, I am Richard. I am 54 years old and have been runing for about 4 years. I did athletic stuff in my previous life but I never would have considered distance running. My son started running whe he was in college. He finished 8th in the 2nd Akron Marathon. I am a high school soccer coach. My players began to get on me about my fitness. I am 6' 3" and weighed 295 lbs. I am still 6'3", but now weigh 200. I haven't run any marathons yet, but I have done 3 halfs. My biggest accomplishment is a 10 mile race in 1:21:29. Previous to that my best was 1:30:38. I want to get a marathon in soon, but I think it needs to be in the fall. I always run outdoors, but winter running is tough on me. Especially the stupid wind here in NW Ohio!! I was one of the Cool Running guys. I really appreciate this site and what Eric has done. I'm not very good at consistently viewing and responding to postings so, if you reply to this don't be offended if you don't hear from me. I'll be back sometime. Peace!!

The shirtless wonder

I came here from the Runner's World Training Log. I like this version of the software better. Smile For reasons that I'm not sure of I stepped on a treadmill about two years ago. Prior to that time, and including that time, I despised running. I kept at it, inspired and encouraged by my sister (a veteran marathoner). Now I've completed two marathons, three half marathons, three 15ks, and one 5k and I LOVE it. I used to consider myself a weight lifter but if you asked me now I'd call myself a runner before I called myself a weight lifter. I could never call myself a body builder because I'm just too small! I hope to be among the group of 70+ year old runners some day (I'm 29 so I have a ways to go). The 70+ group impresses more than most elite runners.

Lazy idiot

I hope to be among the group of 70+ year old runners some day (I'm 29 so I have a ways to go). The 70+ group impresses more than most elite runners.
              I love this sentiment. Welcome, Greg!

Tick tock

MissWhitney

Finally decided to introduce myself since i posted a couple posts and just been looking around for a couple weeks My name is whitney. Recently started jogging and walking. Used to be a softball player since little to about 5 years ago, (i'm 20 now), but i never enjoyed running, i never like working out, but now i'm finding running enjoyable. I remember in highschool and middle school never being able to run a mile under 15 with out struggling. Now i'm finding i can run 12 minute miles easily, which is not fast by any means but its progress for me specially since i started this month. I'm working on getting up to 5k, and maybe we will see what the future holds, hopefully a HM one day.. little more about me, i'm a mother of my wonderful daughter, who is 2 and a half. Live in wonderful down town boise idaho, originally from medford oregon. Sounds like a good place to chat and you all seem very nice and supportive Big grin
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

Finally decided to introduce myself since i posted a couple posts and just been looking around for a couple weeks My name is whitney. Recently started jogging and walking. Used to be a softball player since little to about 5 years ago, (i'm 20 now), but i never enjoyed running, i never like working out, but now i'm finding running enjoyable. I remember in highschool and middle school never being able to run a mile under 15 with out struggling. Now i'm finding i can run 12 minute miles easily, which is not fast by any means but its progress for me specially since i started this month. I'm working on getting up to 5k, and maybe we will see what the future holds, hopefully a HM one day.. little more about me, i'm a mother of my wonderful daughter, who is 2 and a half. Live in wonderful down town boise idaho, originally from medford oregon. Sounds like a good place to chat and you all seem very nice and supportive Big grin
                  Hi, Whitney! Glad you're here. Good job on the running! What a great example you will be for your daughter. Let's see, if she's like my little girl, she will be outrunning you within 6 years or so! You'll have fun running with her.
                    I don't think I introduced myself here yet. I was a CR lurker sometime poster for several years. I've been running since about '99 after the birth of my second child. Now I have four kids and running is my only escape! I do it to keep in shape, get some time to myself and just be able to keep up with the kids. Carmelrunner, I used to live in Noblesville. Ran the half in Indy in 2000 -- loved running on the speedway. I am STILL in mourning over our Colts, but still looking forward to the Super Bowl Sunday.
                    "Don't look back"
                    jasfrmn

Another CR refugee here...although I never really posted much on that site either. I am 28 and about 2/3's of the way through my second attempt at the Couch to 5K plan. Last time I tried this was Nov 06 and I quite running around Jan 07 because of the cold I suppose and lack of motivation. For some unknow reason I started again right at Xmas time and I feel this time I am hooked. Because of a previous running background from years ago and my recent startup I actually did a 5K about two weeks ago and finished in 34:00 which I was happy with since I was only on week 3 or so of the C25K at the time. I have another scheduled for right after I finish so I can see how my time looks then. Looks like a great site and I will be around Jason
                      Tenacious

Moving right along....

Hi I'm Lisa and I live in Cincinnati! I'm proud to say that I've been on this site a while and have gotten others involved too. I started running 5 years ago and got into it for fun, sanity, weight etc...and got hooked! I'm a little slower and need to get the miles back up (and the weight a little lower) but still enjoy it! And.. I'm one of those almost 50 year olds -class of '57! lisa k ps - anyone in the cinci area who wants to run...
                        I'm in Cincinnati too.....well work here and live in NKY. When do you run Lisa? Are you doing any training?? The Pig is right around the corner! Jen
                        By failing to prepare, you are prepairing to fail. Benjamin Franklin
                          Tim from Georgia, Just stopping in to say hello! I am also a CR transplant...I was Born and raised in Bath Mi ( on the outskirts of Lansing) looking forward to the site! gotta go watch some big 10 network Yes
                          Ga. Shooter
                            Hello All, My name is Ginna (short for Virginia), I am 29 and living in a suburb outside NYC. I just moved out here about a year ago when I got engaged to my now husband. I miss the city a lot, but am growing accustom to suburban life. I am a graphic designer working in broadcast. I was a champion (in my grand scheme of things!) for a few years, working myself up to 13 and 14 mile runs. I felt great and loved every minute of it. My work schedule changed, making running very difficult. I gradually slowed to a stop about two months ago and now I'm trying to work my way back, missing it greatly and really disliking myself for giving up. I am still on the same work schedule, so it is a real challenge, but I'm doing it. Just started last week- I hope I can make it last. I feel so much better, I always seem to forget that part. You know, more energy, self-satisfaction, ect. Anyway, it's nice to meet you all! I was more of a lurker on CoolRunning. I'll try to be more vocal on this forum.

2012 Goals: Get back into it after having a baby! Prep for a 1/2 marathon

The Greatest of All Time

Please alllow me to introduce myself...name is Marcus, 36 years old. Currently located in the Chicago area and work in downtown Chicago as an attorney specializing in employment law. Got into distance running around 1990 while I was in the Army in Hawaii. Got out of the Army in 1992, got lazy, got fat. Rediscovered running in January 1996, ran the Chicago Marathon that fall. Soon thereafer stumbled into triathlon and did Ironman Florida in 1999. Went to law school in 2002 and retired from competition, went through about two years of horrible illnesses while in law school and got fat again. Started working out again May 2005, lost 60 pounds by October 2005 and have never looked back since I regained my health. I am 5'9" and weigh 165 at 8.6% body fat. I have always been very competitive in my age group but never had the genetics to be an elite or professional competitor. Decided to start racing again this year but only road races as I don't have the time to devote to triathlon training at the level I used to compete at and there's no way I am just going to do them for the sake of doing them. If I cannot 'compete' I won't do it. My training is sometimes on the border of insanity as I do lots of tempo runs and interval work outs. Monday through Thursday I run twice a day and Friday is my only off day. Saturday and Sundays I try to get to a nearby forest preserve and run outdoors. These days I do about 95% of my running inside on a treadmill which I never thought I would get used to. Weekly mileage this year has been >50 per week with lots of speedwork. I have been fortunate enough to have never had a 'serious' running injury and I fully anticipate racing this year at or near PR's from 8-10 years ago. Big grin I used to work at a running specialty store in downstate Illinois and dearly miss hanging out with other runner types, so if anyone here is out in the Northwest suburbs drop me a line at mlschantz@gmail.com
                              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                              Lisa3.1

Hi ~ I am Lisa, in Minnesota. I used to run YEARS ago, but not nearly as much as I want to now, so I am just starting from scratch.