Who all is here and what are you doing? (Read 16874 times)

skinnycaponesugar

Hi people Smile I'm a 36year old mother of two little boys. I clean, cook, do dishes and hold a part time job as an engineer. When it rains I do laundry, so I have an excuse to use the dryer, which my husband hates for being environmentally unfriendly...I live in Sydney, Australia, where it rains only occasionally. I'm doing the C25K programme, today I started week 9, yay! I came across this website when looking for a home to log my data. So here I am... I really enjoy reading the posts, they are very informative and encouraging...I hope one day my experiences will be helpful to someone else Shocked I'm loving running in a way that has taken me by surprise. I love the rhythm of the path ahead as I move along. Running has become a place where no negative thoughts are allowed, they just don't happen, as I quickly learned that some thoughts give you wings and others make you weak... Better go to bed! it's a school night after all...catch you around...

Love, Run, Sleep

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hi, Chickadee! I'm a mom and part-time engineer, also. What kind of engineering do you do? I'm a structural. Live close to Portland, Maine, which is a long ways from you! Good luck with the C25K program - that's how I started. Keep us posted on your progress! Teresa
        I'm a 43 year-old former CoolRunner with a new user name. I live in the western suburbs of Chicago. I'm training for a couple of 1/2 marathons in May and hope to break my 1:38 PR. I've been running for about 10 years consistently and on and off since high school. I'm ready for some double digit weather here in Illinois so I can get the mileage up! This is a great site. I came here for the training log which is terrific. Peace.

skinnycaponesugar

Hi, Chickadee! I'm a mom and part-time engineer, also. What kind of engineering do you do? I'm a structural. Live close to Portland, Maine, which is a long ways from you! Good luck with the C25K program - that's how I started. Keep us posted on your progress! Teresa
          Hi Teresa, That's great! I'm a mechanical engineer working on minuscule medical devices Smile I like the challenge, it's good fun...are you snowed under? we're having a mild Summer, great for running though, can't complain...see ya around Wink

Love, Run, Sleep

Groundpounder

Hello everyone! I'm a 37 year old male, 6 ft., 160 lbs. father of two boys, age 10 and 6. I have been running for 4 years now. I did strictly cross country in high school and no other sport. Life happend and did not run for several years. I started running again in 2004. Glad I started back up!!! Smile I've never had weight issue's even when I was not running, I just run because I love it! I love the races too (well, love-hate relationship with races!!) My wife give's me a hard time because I one of those people who can eat anything and not gain a pound!! Surprised I am a member of a local running club ( Derby run club, in Kansas.) We run 10 miles every Sunday. My normal weekly mileage is 30 mpw peak. I have run one half marathon, several 5k's, a few 4 miler's and a few 10 miler's. Hope to do a marathon sometime, just need the time to train! Former cool runner poster. Great site!!! Thanks everyone!
            andyndallas

Former Coolrunner (about 8 years ago), 41, married with two kids. Started running in high school and ran some 5ks in my 20s. Started training for a marathon in 1999 when my doctor told me to get off my a$$. Have run three White Rock Marathons and will try this year to run again after a layoff of 5 years. My first time was 3:53:04 and my third one after a three year layoff was om 3:53:54 Have also had the goal for years of breaking 20 minutes in a 5k. PR in that distance (since high school) is 20:40 Usually run alone, but did train in 2000 with TNT for the Leukemia Society.
              ...and miles to go before I sleep
              Ringmaster

Sure, I'll let you in on what I'm doing. I'm a 33yo mother of two. I started walking to lose weight and lost 50 pounds that way, and started running after I got bored walking. I've been running now about eight months, and have lost another fifteen pounds. When I ran my first 5k and was the second-fastest in my age group, I realized running could fulfill not just my fitness needs but also feed my competitve streak . . . a streak that was developed as a sprinter in middle / high school, when I ran 100m, 200m, 400m, hurdles, and 4x100m relays. As you can see, long distances were not my forte. I found RA at just the right time, as I was training for my first half marathon. The support, encouragement, and advice that I found from other runners here, as well as the convenience and ease of an online log that kept track of my mileage and pace, helped me immeasurably in the last weeks of my training. I probably would have run that half anyway, but not nearly as well or as happily. As for the 26.2 distance, it was the furthest thing from my mind until about two weeks ago, when the possibility of a 2011 marathon began to be a faint glimmer, both because of the success of my half and because of this happy community of runners. That half behind me, I intend to work on my shorter-distance times until half marathon season rolls around again. And to run, run, run!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                Mile by Mile

I've been lurking for awhile and figured it was time to introduce myself. I'm a 32 year old father of one who is yet another Coolrunning migrant who came over after the CR implosion. Of course, if I'd known RA existed I never would have been at CR in the first place. I just got back into running last summer after quite a few years off due to an ignorance-induced knee injury. Roll eyes When I finally got motivated to get back in shape I thought I'd give running one more try (after a couple of ill-fated comeback attempts where I didn't learn from my previous mistakes Roll eyes ). This time around I took the Long Run Nick approach and decided to take my time getting back into things, which made the difference. Thanks especially to Eric who has put together a phenomenal site!
                    Hi I am a old CR poster use to go under my real name Ewart Harris (Messed up when I was registering) I am a 42-year-old father of two kids boy and girl. I live a little East of Toronto, Canada and I work as a Financial Advisor. I love to run but despite this I stopped for years after University and only did so on and off in my early thirties then I started back three years ago and got into Marathon training and have not looked back since. My best marathon time so far is 3:22, which is a bit of a disappointment, but I am still going and I am shooting to continue improving.

Yoda the 4-eared cat

Hi all, I've also followed the migration of the herd from Coolrunning after a year or so of lurking and occasional posting there. I totally LOVE the running log here by the way, especially the fact that I can plan routes and get milages for where I live in FRANCE! Big grin So, yes, my name is Marthe and I live in Dijon, though originally from New Zealand. I've been running regularly for about 18 months, with a bunch of 10kms and one half marathon to my name. My running has taken a bit of a hit recently since my friend and training partner has just moved to Brussels and I need to get used to running on my ownSad. I'm trying to train up my beloved as a replacement. So far, we've got past the C25K so I'm hoping he can keep me company at least for the weekday runs in the dark.
                      jorgecrespo

Hello there. So i've just arrived, and am still exploring the site, trying to feel myself cozy. I guess i'm not the only one who used to spend time at "cool running". Can anyone explain me what happened?? I stopped going there for a while, and then, one day, as i was trying to catch up with my reading, everyone had went out. Now i've arrived here after listening to steve runner's podcast episode about "free online training logs". A little about me: Male, 26 years old (going on 27 this month), born, raised and living in Lisbon, Portugal. Running for 2 years now, and with 2 half-marys on my resumée (some hand-fulls of 5k and 10ks too), and on my way to my first full-marathon, this December, in my hometown. Got a couple of interesting stories about me and my running, but i'll save them for later. For now i just wanted to say "hi", and to check if any of you was actually reading and replying to this. As i've said, i'm still "checking out the place", but i guess i'm gonna grab my things and move here....
                          Hi guys After playing on this site for over a year a quiet day at work has prompted me to finally post. I am a 33 year male from Melbourne Australia. Been living in Melbourne for around 5 years arfter moving over from Perth West Australia. I have been running for around a year during my lunch breaks but just starting to get serious in the last couple of months, (actually running on weekends now!) No races to my credit as yet but will be in my first sprint series tri on March 30 (750m/20km/5km) I really enjoy reading everyones tips and stories on this site and looking forward to actually participating in some in the furtue. Smile Cheers Jezza

skinnycaponesugar

Hi guys After playing on this site for over a year a quiet day at work has prompted me to finally post. I am a 33 year male from Melbourne Australia. Been living in Melbourne for around 5 years arfter moving over from Perth West Australia. I have been running for around a year during my lunch breaks but just starting to get serious in the last couple of months, (actually running on weekends now!) No races to my credit as yet but will be in my first sprint series tri on March 30 (750m/20km/5km) I really enjoy reading everyones tips and stories on this site and looking forward to actually participating in some in the furtue. Smile Cheers Jezza
                            G'day Jezza! Good to see another Aussie around Everyone else in this site seems to be "snowed under"... Big grin

Love, Run, Sleep

jck

Hi all i have been here for a few month and love the site, good info on the boards and the training log is nice to. I am running my 2nd HM in April (St Louis) it has been a bear to train this winter as we have had a lot of snow and ice so i have been contained to the treadmill, so my long run work outs have not been very long.(can't stand being on the mill for more than an hour) i am hoping to break the 2 hour mark this year on the HM ,i did a 2:06 last year and learned not to start in the back of the pack as it took forever to break up to where you could run at your pace.
                              Clark 2008 Goals Run HM under 2hrs done-1:50 Run First Full Marathon Sept 14th 4:00 Finish all home projects---ya right

over 9000!!!

me! 27 male Texas. Cool