Who all is here and what are you doing? (Read 16874 times)

sabend

Thanks for the advice! I'll give it a shot when I go for my Tuesday run! I do like to sprint up the hill at the end, but again, that's at the end ...
      Hi, I´m very pleased with using this for my running training and scores at competition. I have not used forums before so maybe i find out how you all are talking in here. Confused My goal for this summer is to do Liningöloppet(30 km) again or do a 10 km race below 41 min. Hope to find time to run again 4 to 5 times a week. See you in the trails... / John

Menace to Sobriety

Craig from SC. Been using the log for a few years, just now discovering the forums.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

apark901

hey all. My name is Andrew i'm from Atlanta. i'm 18 and been running on and off since i was about 15. i've mostly been involved in other sports like soccer and swimming but i began taking up solely running now that i'm in college. my 5k time in high school was around 21:00 range. but now i'm a lot slower since i haven't been running consistently. maybe around a 26:00 5k. right now i'm about 5"9' . 140 lbs. heavy lower body and well built upper body. I just got back into running and i'm trying to do about 20 miles a week to start with now. -peace.
            Hi, I am a 21 year old SC native. I recently decided to start training for my first Sprint Triathlon. This as been a great site for saving all of my activities. I actually just started training a couple weeks ago, its been hard with work and school, but its going good. Although swimming is not something that as come easy for me yet. Good luck to everyone. -Neal
              Hi! I'm Erin! I'm 19 and I live in California. I run for a D1 college...which is fun but it can also be very frustrating. I'm a Kinesiology major, hoping to become something involving sports (physical therapist, trainer, coach, sports agent etc). I decided to join this website because I think it's good to hear from other runners from all over and share our experiences so we know that we're not alone in this push to better ourselves. Smile
              There are no bad days...only learning days.

Wobblebottom

Hi everyone! Thanks for the site Eric and Wow, what a great thread! My name is Pippa and I have been running since 2006. This is the first year that I have really pushed myself. Did the Great North Run last year, but training was a bit half hearted. This year I am hoping that I can continue with the standard I have hit and want to even better it if possible! I can't believe myself really. As a child we would do cross country runs at school and I would always be last and always hate it, now I can't get enough. Yes Thanks to the Uk runners group for today. I did my first 10miler of the year, on my own! I usually run with a friend but have found I enjoy running alone just as much so I went for it. All the guys on Uk runners have been a real support and have given me lots of tips. Thought I would venture out into the world for a bit! Nice to meet you all.
                veganmom

Hi! I'm Christie, 34 years old, homeschooling mom to 4. I live in Foresthill, CA and I'm fortunate enough to live just a couple miles from the Western States Trail. Started running 3 years ago after meeting a friend who ran a LOT. I joined coolrunning, which appears to be dead and thought I would try this place. Smile I'm running 4-5 days a week with swimming and walking on my off days. I am very SLOW and trying to figure out why.
                  runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Confused Make your log public if you are seeking advice

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Wobblebottom

Hi Veganmom, don't worry about being slow. I was worried about that and one of the experienced runners who use this site told me to not worry about the time but just let my legs do the work. The more you run and the stronger your legs become then the time will start coming. I am very slow too compared to the runners on the Uk forum that I use, but its not about speed, its about enjoying that time to yourself and doing something for yourself, keeping fit and healthy and loving being out in the fresh air and enjoying the freedom. I had an awful run this morning and I came to a cross road where it was two miles further or a more direct route. I wavered on the direct route and then thought, no, what have I to get back to? Cooking Sunday lunch, ironing and doing the housework! I went the further way and walked a bit just for the joy of being outside! Yes
                        I also realised that I never properly introduced myself. I am Pamela and 36 years old from Port Elizabeth, South Africa. I got (back) into running a few years ago after breaking up with a boyfriend. I had run at school but that was quite few years ago. My mom is a runner, so it is in the family. There is a local ladies 10k race that I decided to train for in 2005 but said then that I would never run further than 10k. Since then I have done a number of 1/2 marathons as well as an Ironman. I love triathlons and am planning on doing another Ironman in April 2009. www.ironmansouthafrica.com, which luckily is held in my home town. My goals for this year - well I still have to beat my 63 year old mother.
                        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good to meet you, Pamela! I will be in your neck of the woods (Cape Town) in November. I'll be visiting with my 10-year-old daughter and my parents. I got to go there in 2005, and I can't wait for our next trip. Before Cape Town, we'll spend several days in Kruger. Your country is so beautiful! I tell everyone they should get over there. Good luck with your Ironman training!

Just Be

I also realised that I never properly introduced myself. I am Pamela and 36 years old from Port Elizabeth, South Africa. I got (back) into running a few years ago after breaking up with a boyfriend. I had run at school but that was quite few years ago. My mom is a runner, so it is in the family. There is a local ladies 10k race that I decided to train for in 2005 but said then that I would never run further than 10k. Since then I have done a number of 1/2 marathons as well as an Ironman. I love triathlons and am planning on doing another Ironman in April 2009. www.ironmansouthafrica.com, which luckily is held in my home town. My goals for this year - well I still have to beat my 63 year old mother.
                            Nice to meet you. South Africa... man, I'm so jealous! Exotic cats and fancy sunsets! haha
                              I introduced myself two years ago, but I have been silent for quite some time (a year or longer?) I ran consistently from the time I started in september 2006 until august 2007, started again somewhere in the fall, but haven't run anymore since december or january. However, just like I did two years ago when I wanted to start running somewhere in july, and build up momentum by waiting till the first of september (first day of school in Belgium - no I'm not going to school anymore, but DS11 does), I felt the desire of starting over already in july, but waited till august... And yes, I feel it's a better start than last fall. For short: I'm Ann, living in Belgium, working in the Netherlands, married to Jos and mother of Jan. 45 y.o., haven't ran before I was (almost) 44.

Running in Belgium
                              Ann

Nursing student running

Greetings from Minnesota! Smile I'm a 31 yr old nursing student and just completed my 4th 5k now and really want to step it up a notch! Are there any experienced Tri athletes around? Or is it wiser to go for a 10k first? Any advise is greatly appreciated!! Melissa
                                Goals: 08-09' Buy 2 really good bras. Do NOT fall off the running wagon this school year. Run the Turkey Day 5k. Get upto 20 mpw by New Years. Run 10k Triathalon Half Marathon by next summer. Get into some skinny jeans! (all while eating chocolate.)