Who all is here and what are you doing? (Read 16874 times)

Hello everyone, My name is Travis and I live in St. Augustine, Florida near Jacksonville. I am Midwest transplant originally from Indiana. I love living in Florida because I can comfortably run every day of the year and the winters here are awesome. My wife and I started running together about 1 1/2 years ago to stay fit. Running has become my devotional time. I used to try to get up early everyday and pray and read my Bible before work and now I kill two birds with one stone by praying while running and I listen to the Bible on my Zune. It is an awesome feeling to be able to get exercise while communing with God and enjoying His beautiful creation. I recently just ran my first Half in 1:54:51 on Thanksgiving Day. I am now training for my first marathon which will be Feb. 15th. I am running the 2nd annual "26.2 with Donna" in Jacksonville, which they say is the only Breast Cancer awareness marathon in the nation. I hope to finish it in under 4:00:00. I wish all of you the very best as you pursue your running goals in 2009! Thanks, Travis
      Hi All, I'm Jolene (most everyone just calls me Jo) mom of 4 kids, living in MA. I started running under the influence of LifesABeach and JustMarion who couldn't stop talking about all the wonerfulness of it at a parenting board I run. So, I started the c25k in September 2007, wen my youngest was 4 months old. I had always said I would run when something was chasing me and not a minute before. So it came as a great surprise to me that I actually love it. I did my first 5k and I was hooked. Then a half April '08 and my first Triathlon in July '08. And then of course, the marathon bug bit. I'm training for the National marathon in DC March 21st 2009. I'm on week 7 or 18 and all is going well. I'm not fast, but I'm getting in the miles. My biggest challenge right now is the weather, but I've been doing ok, only missed one run due to that 3-day straight snow. Anyways, I'd been lurking around here long enough and now I'll actually post. ~jo
        Hello everyone, My name is Travis and I live in St. Augustine, Florida near Jacksonville. I am Midwest transplant originally from Indiana. I love living in Florida because I can comfortably run every day of the year and the winters here are awesome. My wife and I started running together about 1 1/2 years ago to stay fit. Running has become my devotional time. I used to try to get up early everyday and pray and read my Bible before work and now I kill two birds with one stone by praying while running and I listen to the Bible on my Zune. It is an awesome feeling to be able to get exercise while communing with God and enjoying His beautiful creation. I recently just ran my first Half in 1:54:51 on Thanksgiving Day. I am now training for my first marathon which will be Feb. 15th. I am running the 2nd annual "26.2 with Donna" in Jacksonville, which they say is the only Breast Cancer awareness marathon in the nation. I hope to finish it in under 4:00:00. I wish all of you the very best as you pursue your running goals in 2009! Thanks, Travis
        Travis, you are very lucky to have a running spouse. Enjoy !!! Great job on the half, and good luck training. Happy New Year!

- Anya

Trigirl

Hi everyone, I'm fairy new to RA.....have been using the training log for several months now at the advice of a fellow triathlete/training partner-it is such a great tool! Being able to analyse/obsess over the training I am doing has increased my motivation ten fold! I have just starting 'lurking' (love that word seejorun!!) around the forums for the past couple of weeks and have found them to be beneficial as well. I live in Kingston, ON Canada so really need help with motivation to keep up my triathlon training throughout the cold winter months! I would describe myself as a very competitive somewhat obsessive (in a good way!) triathlete and my child-free lifestyle allows me the time to train to maintain this. Some days I can't believe the time I put into this sport but most days I wish I could put even more time into it...I absolutely love everything about it. Running is my weak link of the triathlon so it's an area in which I really want to focus on and improve. I am hoping to do some running specific races during my off season to help with this....I really wish I was built more like a runner but then people remind me that I may not be as strong and powerful on the swim and bike.....can't I be both??? lol.... Happy New Year everyone! Smile

2010 results: Muskoka long course: 2km-55km-15km- 1st in age group (qualified for Ironman Canada), 4th female amateur overall; Smith Falls triathlon- first female overall; 5 km Canada Day running race- 20:42 (fourth female overall). My first pure running race! Quinte triathlon 1.5-40km-10km Second female overall; Ktown triathlon -first female overall (2km-55km-15km) Mt Forest triathlon (500-20km-5km) 1st female overall; Brockville triathlon (750-20-5km) 1st place female overall

2011 results: (Racing with Piriformis syndrome-ouch)  Sydenham Triathlon- 1st female overall; Peterborough Triathlon-4th female (out of 185)and 1st in age group.....

MrH

Richard, age 45, ... just joined the site. I'm located in Northern Virginia west of Washington DC, very close to the W&OD Trail http://www.wodfriends.org/trail.html, a 'linear park' 45 miles long and 100 feet wide. This provides a wonderful resource for running on a 'knee-friendly' trail surface rather than asphalt, avoiding traffic, and having a more interesting undulating surface through what feels like the countryside rather than suburbia. Having played a lot of very competitive sport in my second and third decades, I haven't done any serious exercise for about ten years - just the infrequent 'jog'. I decided to have a goal of getting out a minimum of five times per week, and follow a 5k training program (once I've got a little base) to make the running interesting, and have a mix of endurance and speed. Having a training log should help keep me on track as I'm wired that way. Smile I'm not a believer in setting a specific mileage goal to motivate me, more following the dictates of a 5k program with the mix of easy, speed, endurance and strength elements. But if I get out and follow the program I have in mind I'll cover an average of 25 - 30 miles per week, or about 1250 - 1500 for the year, maybe more. Edited for length.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Welcome new RA peeps! I look forward to getting to know you better in '09. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

otodawD

Hello- I've been using RA for about 8 months and haven't introduced myself. My name is Doug. I live in Southeastern Iowa (Go Hawkeyes!- Looked good in the Outback Bowl yesterday). I've been running since 2003. I ran when I was in school in Oregon 25 years ago but kids and career made for a long break. 12 marathons numerous 1/2s but would like to break 2 hours for a half this year. Travis great 1/2 time. I went to the Furman Univ running retreat last June and it has sparked my training. Going to run the Walt Disney World Half next weekend. Good Luck training everyone. Doug

The Running Green Girl

Hi, everyone! My name is Mary and I'm from Long Beach, CA. I'm 32 years old. I just started running using the Cool Running Couch-to-5k plan in March of 2007. "Run a 5k" was one of the items on my 100 things for 2007 list. I fell in love with running during the six months it took me to complete the program. Heh. I've completed one marathon, two half marathons, one 10k and a few 5k's. I'm really slow but I'm steady. I love kickboxing, snowboarding and traveling. Nice to meet you all! I love this web site!
                  You have the power within you to do whatever it is you want to do. Rachelle Disbennett-Lee, PhD

www.therunninggreengirl.com
                  jennifer smith

spam

Another Passion

Welcome to all you new folks! This is a great online running community of helpful and encouraging folks. You've found a great place to settle into for all your "active" logging and forum needs. Good luck to you all in your fitness pursuits.

Rick
                      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Meh, $5 is $5...

Hi all, My name is Justin, I'm 25, live in Nashville, TN, and joined the site after searching around for a good online training log. I've been running for about 8 years now after I managed to "rack" myself during my brief stint as a pole vaulter. Just missed the YouTube era on that one. I spent the last few months of 2008 sidelined with a knee injury, so it was a relief to get out again at the start of the year. I'm currently shooting for some late spring 5Ks to shake things up as I rebuild my base for racing longer distances. I'm starting to feel less sloth like right now, so that's encouraging.
                        mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Welcome Justin!
                            My Name is Christian and I'm married, have 2 great Children and live in Basel, Switzerland. Basel is a Great Place for Running. the City lies on the River Rhine and on the Border of France and Germany. We have a Half Marathon here which starts in Switzerland, then into France, then over the Rhine to Germany and ends again in Switzerland. Been Running nearly for 2 years now and I'm loving it.
                            AroundTheHorn

I can't imagine how beautiful the scenery must be for you on your runs there. Hi and welcome. This site is a great place for info.
                              Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.

MoBramExam

Hey, Rookie runner at age 46 (now 47). Started entering 5Ks in mid-2008. Wanted to be AG competitive on 10-15 miles a week; almost all of it fast-tempo runs and speed work. Injury slowed me down long enough to read Hal Higdon and find this site. "Re-thunk" that original master plan! Got it going again end of Dec. 08. No more being a "Poser". Trying to be a "Real Runner" now. Goals for 2009: (1) Build to 35-40 miles per week., (2) Build Long Run to 12-15 miles, and (3) Run a Sub-20 5K on a certified course. MoBramExam