Who all is here and what are you doing? (Read 16874 times)

Hey everybody

Bud here and been on the site for two years now. Just coming off a self imposed break for the last month. Spent alot of time in the gym working out and letting my legs heal. Next on my is my transiting to Vibram fivefingers. 

Pre meet 2007

New guy here. I'm enjoying a steak & watching some march madness.
      Sadie98072

Hi Im Stolly. I am currently living in county Victoria (Australia).

I started out running with a running club a few years ago when I first moved to the town Im in. Then my DH and I moved to the city and had babies and I gave up the running for awhile and concentrated on kick boxing and hula hooping instead. 

I got back into the running about 6mths after my boys were born when I came across the C25k program - which is brilliant and made it so easy (in that Ive just run so hard Im going to throw up or pass out kinda way) to get back into the running. Over the last year and a half I have only been a casual runner, once or twice a week normally.

Now I am back in the country and I am getting back into the running groove and when I can run 8km without keeling over I will re-join my old running club.

Stolly

wickedlady

My name is Maya.  I have been reading the board all the time lately, and starting to feel funny about not contributing anything.  I live in Denver, CO, a transplant from NYC.  I ran for a few years before moving to Denver 2.5 years ago, but totally got out of the routine when I got here.  I have been back at it now since January, and ran my first 5k in close to 3 years on Sunday (I even PRed!).  My goals right now are to keep running as part of my routine and build slowly, and to lose some weight.  I am going to run my first 10k (Bolder Boulder) next month, then run a few more races over the summer.  If all goes well, I'd like to try to run the half version of the Denver Marathon in the fall.  I am also passionate about yoga and think that running and yoga really work well together!

I'm Clive.  I have a friend from another board who posts here, so I thought I'd check it out.  Great place!

I'm in my late 40s and was a runner in high school, college, and for a little while beyond.  Then I injured my ankle kinda bad, got a real job, worked too much, and exercised too little.  Through the magic of modern shoe technology and PT, I discovered last summer that I can run again!  Still have a real job and work too much, though.

Not doing crazy miles (about 30-35 miles most weeks right now), but I'll be ramping up to 45-50mpw in my BQ quest this October.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

runninghope

My Name is Felicia and I'm from Duncan, OK, I actually started running when I was in the 5th grade and ran through junior high, high school and college. I took a break and got married and had two precious little girls! So after my youngest which was a year ago, I decided to start back up!

I'm really excited to be getting back and ready to race. I have been on and off running, due to an injury that my Dr has no idea what it is, so I'm hopefully going to see a sports Medicine DR soon oh and to get my ferritin level up, its extremely low!

In junior High I dominated most all my races, Highschool I was 4 time All-Stater and got runner up my senior year! In College, was top freshman in my school and only one to place at Cross country nationals, Was third overall for Half Marathon Nationals and We got Team Title(2 years in a row!)

those are some sweet credentials! welcome to the party!

...this is a neat little thread..........

........been running 41 years,

just found out I have arthritis in BOTH hips, and trying to adjust to working-out with that////

at least I don't have to worry about being Fast anymore,,,,

,,,(,since I never was,

now I have a Reason)....

..also

have added Poolrunning, which is kinda cool......

the trick is to tell the Lifeguard what you're doing

so he doesn't try to Rescue you.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Jon here.

I'mma highschool runner entering my senior year next year. 

Posted a 16:52 PR in the 3 mile, 17:32 in the 5k, 10:24 in the 3200m, and I'd rather not talk about my mile time. 

Hoping to improve on all by at least a 10% drop for my senior year.

Hays in the barn. Sack it up. Get After it. Just one more mile, just one more mile, just one more sad little mile in my miles of trials. God, how I do love every last one of them.
                    Rynamite

I'm Ryan, just turned 27. I live in Roaring Spring, PA (kinda right in the center of the state) but work in the Pittsburgh area a lot, too.

I used to DESPISE running. I was a weightlifter in high school, and only did cardio in the spring and summer to show off my beach muscles, but I did enjoy mountain biking a lot. A few years ago, I decided to try the local triathlon...which of course involves running. It was a sprint tri, and therefore 'only' a 5K run, but at that time it may as well have been a marathon. So anyway, I started plodding along slowly and worked my way up to 5K distance. Ran a few local 5K's to get used to it, and completed the Tri. By then, I liked running a lot more. The past few years I've been running on and off, mainly to stay in shape...but in the past few months I've really fallen in love with it again, and signed up for a Half Mary on October 2nd. I'm slowly bumping up my mileage by following a training plan from runnersworld.com, as well as using all the info I get here and a few other places. I plan to complete a full marathon next year.

Anyway, I like this site...lots of good info. Keep it up! 

traktoregg

Hi,

I'm a 27 yo male who comes from Oslo, Norway. I wasn't happy with the Garmin Training software and that's how I found this site. 

I was active when I was younger. I was cycling, running, playing football (soccer) and skiing a alot up 'til around 18 and then I suddenly quit, and gained 40 lbs. Now I'm 5'11 (180 cm) and is weighing 240 lbs (100 kg). 

I became a father in December 09 and since I'm on paternity leave from July 1st to November 29th I found out that I had to use these months to get fit. Now I try to walk (pretty hard, mostly uphill) with my son in a stroller a couple of hours every day. If the weather don't let me walk during the day I go cycling or running in the evenings. I've bought a Garmin Forerunner 405CX and lots of great training clothes (I can't quit when I've bought all this stuff!). 

When I'm not on a leave I'm a manager of something between a kindergarden and pre school.

EXCUSE MY BAD ENGLISH!

sluggish runner :)

Hello everyone,

I'm Nat, Czech, 34, and new to running - I started running in April. Until then, I did martial arts, gym, windsurfing, skiing, and a bunch of other sports, but I firmly believed I could not run. I thought I hated running.

But one day, when all ellipticals were taken in the gym, I got on the treadmill with the intention to walk for my usual cardio. But then I told myself, screw the walking, try running and see where you can go. I ran half an hour without stopping, and while I was exhausted in the end, I was proud of myself and realized I actually enjoyed it. My whole body hurt for two days after the experiment, but I returned to the treadmill and ran again.

Since then I started running outside (which is much more fun than treadmill) and managed to run 10 miles long runs Smile Now I am running in a very hilly landscape of my summer house, and just received my start number for my very first 5k race (I'll head for under 30 minutes time, the "race" is one for the general public and the limit to finish the 5k is 1 hour).

From a running-hater I turned to a passionate (even though slow) runner Smile

keeponrunning

Welcome to RA!  Lots of friendly people here, and some great coaches to get advice from!

Mnemosyne:  I think sub-30 is a good goal for your first race!  Considering to did a tempo 5k in 29Tight lippedx a few weeks back, I'm pretty sure you will make it.  (yes, I stalked your log)  Be sure to let us all know how you do!

MTA:  not sure how that emocon got in there...oh well Smile

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

I am a homeschooling mother of 7 who runs to a)help lose baby weight b)keep her sanity.  Trail running is my favorite, but I do both road and trail during the course of a week. 

Jeni

"We are not talking about gorse-bushes," said Owl crossly. "I am," said Pooh.
                              Teresadfp

One day at a time

I am a homeschooling mother of 7 who runs to a)help lose baby weight b)keep her sanity.  Trail running is my favorite, but I do both road and trail during the course of a week. 

Jeni

Oh, my goodness, I guess you do need to run to keep your sanity!  Wow.  Good job!