Who all is here and what are you doing? (Read 16874 times)

beezer1999

Hi everyone!

My name is Bre and I am from Columbus, Ohio.  Just happened to find this site for tracking runs and so far I love it.  I have run 5 Marathons but took last year off after some injuries and personal issues and now I'm very excited to be training again.  I hope to run the Flying Pig Marathon in the spring (for the third time - I can't seem to get out of Ohio!!) and I hope to be a lottery winner for the NYC Marathon.  Thanks for this great site and I look forward to using it!!

Welcome Bre, yea this is a great site, I am just sitting around drinking coffee just got back from 367th day in a row so just kicking back, have a few grandkids over, no marathons but hope to do a half sometime.

Turning back the clock one mile at a time

Pittsbird

Hello fellow runners!

I am new to Running AHEAD....just discovered it last night.  Looks like a wonderful site and great forums.

My name is Dawn and i've been running for about 20 years, minus the time it took me to recover from my diagnosis of Grave's disease in 2008.  I believe I have overcome the odds and am ready to get back to that place on the road where I left off.

I ran my first and only marathon in 2000 (Pittsburgh, PA).  Leading up to that I had run in countless 5k's, 10k's, and several HM's.  For the two years prior to the marathon in 2000, I typically ran 10 miles average per day....usually 5 days per week. 

I've been slowly working my way back into running over the past few months since my health has improved.  I feel like I need to start over from square one to avoid injury, although I feel GREAT when i'm out there.....kinda' like riding a bike.  I don't feel like i've lost much and many days I feel like I could keep going forever.  I've limited myself to about 4 miles most days.  I ran my first 10k on Saturday since getting back into the swing of things.

Soooooo, I have big goals for 2011.  I am registered for the Pittsburgh marathon in May, and if that goes well I hope to register for my first Ultra in June (50k). 

I have never suffered any running related injuries and feel like I am very lucky.  Now that I have my health in check I want to take advantage of my opportunity to run.  I am going to use a marathon training plan this time around (never used training plans in the past) and hopefully I will be able meet my goals.

Looking forward to sharing experiences and advice!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Hello fellow runners!

My name is Dawn and i've been running for about 20 years, minus the time it took me to recover from my diagnosis of Grave's disease in 2008.  I believe I have overcome the odds and am ready to get back to that place on the road where I left off.

Welcome Dawn. It is a  good family  here but like most families there are a few crazies cousins. Smile

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Pittsbird

Thank you runnerclay Smile 

I'm used to those so I hope to fit right in.  Wink

RunningAhead's Steepler

Hello everbody! Name is Thomas, live in Western Michigan 18 y/o.

Pretty much I was just looking for a place to log my training for the upcoming track season, So far everything looks great and I'm excited to see the leaderboards go up cause I think I can snag the Mile and Two Mile unless Spaniel wants to give me a run for my money.  Everybody is helpful and nice around here and I'm pretty sure il hang around!

Pr's 400: 51.5 800: 1:59 1600: 4:27 3200: 9:48 5k: 16:06 10k :36:12 HM: 1:24 Marathon: Coming in 2015-2020

Tim Hardy

Welcome Bre, yea this is a great site, I am just sitting around drinking coffee just got back from 367th day in a row so just kicking back, have a few grandkids over, no marathons but hope to do a half sometime.

Great Streak Vintage Runner

Hey!  

Mark here from east-central PA.   I've got a super family - wife of 12 years and 4 crazy kids.  

Been running for about 8 years now...was a Cool Runnings logger and then moved over here recently.  

I've been lurking for a while, mostly for the motivation as well as simply getting to know this community - and I'm in!!  You all are some great peeps and look forward to connecting more with you in the future!

My racing experiences have been anywhere from 5k's to 1/2 Ironman.  Finally taking the plunge this October and running Marine Corps Marathon.  Can't wait!

Hey All - Brad here from Western NY.  I actually found this site by searching for an android app to log my training (HandyRunner Lite is great for those of us who don't want to run with our phones).  I've been a runner on and off for quite some time.  It's been a few years so trying to get back into it.  I've done a number of 5K's, 5 Mile, 10K, and a couple of Half Marathons over the years.  Unfortunately I've been plagued with injuries over the course of the last 10 years (I also play soccer and downhill ski) so it's kept me out of the game a bit.  Knee surgery on both knees, plantar fasciitis, hamstring strains, multiple MCL sprains, and ankle sprains have all tried to hold me back.  Hoping this time to stick with it for the long haul.  Should have a 5 miler in around St. Patrick's Day and hoping to get in a few more shorter races and a half marathon later this spring/summer.

jfa

Bambi, Tim , Molsenrunner, and Brad, Welcome! You will find all the info you could want here and probably some that you don't!

Good runs to you all!

Jacklove

censored due to spam content
                        fptrnr

Hello everyone.

I just moved my training log over to this site so I figured I'd jump in on the forums.  I am in western new york in the rochester area.  I've been running seriously now for about 2.5 years and am currently training for my fifth marathon.

Lynx

Hi everyone,

I recently registered for my first 42K and decided to take things a bit more seriously... so I ended up here! Running since spring 2008,  (I even know the month when I begun), I've done some half-marathons, 10 and 5Ks... but nothing (and I repeat- nothing serious). Unlike the most, for me registering for races is simply to have a goal and a motivation to get out and run and an excuse to consume some chocolate afterwards ;-) - Ok I have to admit I like the adrenalin rush during the event too.  I've always been into sports, but I did not start running until I was almost 30- better late than never I guess.

Anyway, RA looks like a great platform for exchanging some experiences and finding advice, so I'm thrilled I found it.

Cheers from Berlin, Germany. 

keeponrunning

Welcome fptrnr and Lynx_Run!

@Lynx_Run:  you will find that a lot of us on this board are not crazy fast or entering races to win (although we have those people too).  A lot of us are just people who like to run and run races for the motivation and adrenaline, not because we will win.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Lynx

@Lynx_Run:  you will find that a lot of us on this board are not crazy fast or entering races to win (although we have those people too).  A lot of us are just people who like to run and run races for the motivation and adrenaline, not because we will win.

Makes me feel more at home!