Who all is here and what are you doing? (Read 16874 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Welcome!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Cyberic

Hi all, I think this is the place to introduce myself. I'm 42 and started running this summer, sometime in july. I was not a couch potato, but I can't say I was all that active either. Started running to get in shape for hockey season ( I'm an amateur and play with friends) and kill time during my son's soccer practices. Ran a 10 k september 15 th, and beat the 50 minutes mark ( 48:24) . After only 2 months of running I hear it's not too bad. Now I just LOVE running. I live in Canada (Montreal) and plan on running all winter long. I'll probably run a half M next summer. This whole web site is very nice and I've started browsing the forums a couple of days ago.

Village people

Alright. I am 40+'and I have been running for several years. I am a Canadian, but I live in NH. I have six kids and I run to keep sane. It doesn't always work. 

Hi guys!  I'm one of the RWOL transplants.  I started running a year ago when my sister invited me to train for a HM with her.  I had started, and fizzled, c25k a couple of times before that, but training for the half was the challenge I needed to keep me going.  I ran the HM in April, it was a great experience, and by the time I got to the race I was hooked so I kept running.  I'm currently at about 35 mpw right now, and hoping to build that up over the winter.  

I'm 33 and live in Maine with my husband and 6 of our kids.  (Hadn't realized that DJJan and I were so close, nor that we had 6 kids and sanity running in common!  ; )

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Village people

That is funny, Kristin. I think I knew that you lived in Maine. I used to live there and I still visit.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Alright. I am 40+'and I have been running for several years. I am a Canadian, but I live in NH. I have six kids and I run to keep sane. It doesn't always work. 

Are you a disc jockey too?
              L Train

I'm 33 and live in Maine with my husband and 6 of our kids.  

People actually live in Maine?

Village people

Are you a disc jockey too?

Only when I am running in the treadmill. D and J are my first and middle initial but Jan is the name I have always been called.

runfoolery

Hi y'all. I've been running outdoors since February or so of this year, on the treadmill off and on for a year or so before that, making very inconsistent progress. I'm now working my way through Jack Daniels' Red Plan on around 30mpw, and seeing some nice progress in my racing so I'm pleased with it.

I have some overlapping goals. In general to get faster, and get more fit. I'd like to hit 8mpm for each race distance I try before moving up to a longer one. I'd like to see how long I can quickly get faster before I hit the point of diminishing returns. If I can actually get my mileage up to support it, I'd like to see what kind of racing I can do on 45 mpw and Daniels' Blue plan. Stuff like that....

xor

Only when I am running in the treadmill. D and J are my first and middle initial but Jan is the name I have always been called.

So is the J for Jan?  Are you D Jan Jan?

Village people

So is the J for Jan?  Are you D Jan Jan?

Funny. It just sounded good. My grandmother and a couple of aunts do call me Jan Jan. 

bhearn

Just like the CIM Marathon.

runfoolery

ooh, recursive acronyms. fun.

xor

Just like the CIM Marathon.

Or this here PC computer. 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

ATM machine.