Out of breath, but not when running (Read 117 times)

hitch

Kinda weird - I've started up running again after a while and normally about 3 - 4 hours after I go for a run I start feeling very tired and out of breathe. I'm not sure if considered asthma, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue?

Also, should I be drinking/eating a certain amount before/after a run? Thanks!

DantheMan

Most insurances have a nurse line on the back of the insurance card. I'd call them and if you feel any arm/chest/shoulder/neck pain associated with this shortness of breath, I'd go to the ER. I hope it's nothing to be too worried about.

-Find your happy pace.

In 2013 went for check up because of shortness of breath, Doc. had me do a stress test had blockages 3 stents and double by-pass later still at it, GO SEE A DOCTOR!!! I was 62 at the time

Turning back the clock one mile at a time

I had a friend who ran marathons for decades. His pace dropped to barely a jog within a span of 6 months. There were no other symptoms. No pains. He had a massive heart attack and died. Please see a doctor.

Go see a Doctor. Sounds like you may be having some heart issues.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

robwantstorun

Just going to echo the above.  Sure, it could be nothing, but it reminds me of issues a friend of mine had.  He ended up have multiple bypass surgery done.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I’ve been battling shortness of breath recently too—no chest pain, no other symptoms. I went to the doctor and they couldn’t find anything wrong with me. So, they gave me an inhaler which did seem to help, and I also started taking Nexium because I read that shortness of breath can be caused by acid reflux, and I get heartburn rather frequently. Whichever one it was, it seemed to help. I’m glad, because the only other suggestion the doctor could think of was anxiety.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54