Split times not accurate after manual TCX file import from Garmin Connect (Read 31 times)

I know it's not the most efficient, but I manually export a lot of my runs from Garmin Connect to TCX files. I then go to RA and upload that file manually. I've noticed that when I do this, my mile splits are not accurate if I've had to stop and start my watch again during my run (like when I stop for a stoplight, to re-tie my shoe, etc). To get the accurate split, I always have to compare to Garmin Connect and edit manually on RA. Is this a known defect? Is there something else I should be doing when exporting and importing the file from Garmin? Thanks in advance.

an amazing likeness

If I'm understanding your question correctly, I think you're noting that the time in RA's split is based on elapsed time (let's call it 'calendar time' or actual time which passed regardless of if you were stopped and paused the workout), and Garmin Connect's split is based on only the activity time.

It is a "known" defect in that it's been an ongoing challenge. At the core is Garmin's concept of "elapsed time" vs "time" vs "moving time", and how the data is recorded in the data.

The last discussion here my aging brain can recall was around the .FIT files (off to rummage around....) in this topic thread.  This linked topic is different than your specific question, but it gives a flavor of how much the data streams from the device are open to interpretation.

Out of curiosity, have you tried exported from Garmin Connect as .FIT (which would probably via the "export original" option if your device generates .FIT)

Also, unrelated to your question...just want to be sure you're aware that you can setup integration between your RA and GC accounts, so you don't need to move the files manually.  This is via Log->Tools->Applications.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.