Trouble posting to forums using Microsoft Edge browser (Read 99 times)

All About that Pace 2024

Hello-  just started not being able to reply/post to forums unless I go to InPrivate setting in Microsoft Edge. Without doing this, no text box comes up in order to type responses/messages.  Also, can't message anyone in RA.  Anyone else having this problem?  Could be just something specific to my laptop but IDK.

No it’s not just you. Same for me in Safari on iPhone/iPad. Someone else posted the same for Chrome. I didn’t even think of going to Private/Incognito mode till you mentioned it, but for some reason that works, and that is how I am posting this.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I can't post on phone or computer, no matter the browser.  Only way to do it is by using the incognito window you guys mentioned.

Damaris

eric :)

Let me look into it.

eric :)

I am not able to reproduce the problem on Edge, or Safari. What version of the browser are you using? Are there any JavaScript errors in the console?

I’m on iOS 12.2. Not sure if that tells you which version of Safari, because otherwise I’m not sure how to figure that out. I am on iPhone/iPad, so not sure if the desktop version is different. I see no error messages, just a blank space where the editor box should be. If starting a new topic, it allows me to enter a title, but still no editor box.

Dave

an amazing likeness

Since folks are noting that private (or incognito) mode does work, that hints to something in cookies or other locally cached content being unhappy. Has anyone having the issue tried dumping all the runningahead.com content from their browser?  (you'd need to login again, no data would be impacted)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

All About that Pace 2024

Version 44.17763.1.0

I'm not a technical user so not sure how to clear any cached content for RunningAhead through the Edge Browser.

Switched over to Chrome and was able to post this without I believe being in some private setting.

I am not able to reproduce the problem on Edge, or Safari. What version of the browser are you using? Are there any JavaScript errors in the console?

shu_runner

I can’t post from Safari.  Same issues as others.  Had to use Chrome.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It does not work for me in Chrome either.  And Safari does not work for me. The text box just does not load unless I'm in incognito window.

Damaris

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Same...though getting a cursor in Chrome is tricky.

I had this issue a day or two ago and let Eric know in the beta testing group. He couldn't replicate it, so I thought it was just my computer (it's having all sorts of other issues, so I just assumed this was on my end).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

paul2432

Test, posting from iPhone and Safari.  If you can read this it worked

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I can read it.  I can now post in Safari while I couldn't before.  Progress.

I'll restart Chrome and see if it works now.

Damaris

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Since folks are noting that private (or incognito) mode does work, that hints to something in cookies or other locally cached content being unhappy. Has anyone having the issue tried dumping all the runningahead.com content from their browser?  (you'd need to login again, no data would be impacted)

I cleared just today and yesterday's history/data/cookies and that worked!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I cleared just today and yesterday's history/data/cookies and that worked!

I did that in Chrome and it still won't work, grrrr.

Damaris