Sports Bra (Read 836 times)

beep beep!

What's the most supportive sports bra (C) you found?
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Misinformation Officer

There are lots of threads devoted to this topic, as many of us find this more important than good shoes! Join us in the "LLR" AKA "Ladies Locker Room" where we discuss such topics regularly. Also, do a search and see if any of the other threads arise. Personally, I like the Moving Comfort brands Maia, Fiona, Athena, and the new version of one who's name I can't recall. Other people have other preferences, but the features I look for are no chafing and strapping them down. There is a UK brand that several non-US runners have mentioned, I think it's Bendon, that I haven't been able to find in the US, but frequently recommended. HTH! Also, you may find that no matter what bra you wear, you need some Body Glide in bra-chafe prone areas. :-)
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm a MAJOR fan of the Champion Double Dry Distance bra (sized for anything from a 34C up to maybe a 38DD...I'm a D). The only beef I have with them is that the elastic around the ribcage starts to get kind of nubbly pretty fast, then wants to chafe. So I know that after a few months I need to put Body Glide or SportShield around the front area where I get some chafe.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

beep beep!

There are lots of threads devoted to this topic, as many of us find this more important than good shoes! Join us in the "LLR" AKA "Ladies Locker Room" where we discuss such topics regularly. Also, do a search and see if any of the other threads arise.
          Want to join, but don't know how... sorry, new to this! Thanks for the info!
          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

beep beep!

Want to join, but don't know how... sorry, new to this! Thanks for the info!
            Sorry, coffee hadn't kicked in yet... Figured it out Blush Thanks again!
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sorry, coffee hadn't kicked in yet... Figured it out Blush Thanks again!
              Boy, do I ever hear that coffee thing. Pre-coffee = zombie, post-coffee = human Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Earlyanna

I like the D Max sports bra by Shock Absorber. I bought one through amazon, but Athleta and several other sites have it. I need to double bra, so I wear that first with a long racerback on top. Very comfy and supportive for the "girls"
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I like the D Max sports bra by Shock Absorber. I bought one through amazon, but Athleta and several other sites have it. I need to double bra, so I wear that first with a long racerback on top. Very comfy and supportive for the "girls"
                  Is that different than the Shock Absorber bras that Victoria's Secret carries? I once tried their maximum control bra and jumped up and down in the fitting room. It was a joke. I could have just about worn no bra for the amount of control it provided. I'm guessing it's not the same as the VS ones. I know Shock Absorber bras available in the UK are supposed to be super good.

~ Sarah Kay

redleaf

There are lots of threads devoted to this topic, as many of us find this more important than good shoes! Join us in the "LLR" AKA "Ladies Locker Room" where we discuss such topics regularly. Also, do a search and see if any of the other threads arise. Personally, I like the Moving Comfort brands Maia, Fiona, Athena, and the new version of one who's name I can't recall. Other people have other preferences, but the features I look for are no chafing and strapping them down. There is a UK brand that several non-US runners have mentioned, I think it's Bendon, that I haven't been able to find in the US, but frequently recommended. HTH! Also, you may find that no matter what bra you wear, you need some Body Glide in bra-chafe prone areas. :-)
                    it says you need a password for the ladies locker room?

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

it says you need a password for the ladies locker room?
                      Drop me a note... harumph at gmail.com. Smile

~ Sarah Kay