Check out this "run" (Read 1698 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Jogging track.

Too bad they don't have a running track.

<iframe src="/scripts/maps/0968c530b28a4cdca28263fabc262dc7?unit=mi" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" width="510" height="680"></iframe>

Powered by RunningAHEAD.com

This is a shipboard run. The map is meh but the pace graph is interesting. The map, for some reason, shows in preview but won't show up when I post it. (?) It's here if interested

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Jogging track.

Too bad they don't have a running track.

Powered by RunningAHEAD.com

This is a shipboard run. The map is meh but the pace graph is interesting. The map, for some reason, shows in preview but won't show up when I post it. (?) It's here if interested

Cool, and I wish I could maintain a pace < 7:00 while going *against* the motion of the ship.

Feeling the growl again

Cool, and I wish I could maintain a pace < 7:00 while going *against* the motion of the ship.

I'm guessing the net <7min pace was in the direction of ship's travel as well, since going with the ship resulted in a speed of ~20mph.

Say running 7mph ship 13mph = 20mph.  Going against ship, 13mph minus 7mph= 6mph in favor of the ship.  Give or take.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Right, the waveform would be a lot different if the run were with/against ship's direction.  More like a square wave.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's a nifty graph.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm guessing the net <7min pace was in the direction of ship's travel as well, since going with the ship resulted in a speed of ~20mph.

Say running 7mph ship 13mph = 20mph.  Going against ship, 13mph minus 7mph= 6mph in favor of the ship.  Give or take.

RIght. If memory serves, the ship was moving along pretty well, a lot faster than I could go, even running aft I couldn't keep up with the ship's forward motion. 

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Very interesting pace chart.  Was this a circular track?  If there were any straight aways I would expect some constant velocity sections on this chart (either at the maxes and mins if the straights are in/against the direction of travel or at the average if the flats are across the width of the ship).

Imminent Catastrophe

It was an oval track. Here's the map from when the ship was inport:

here

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It was an oval track. Here's the run:

An English oval, or an American oval?

Imminent Catastrophe

It defies description. It was an oval with pinched bits. 

See previous post for the map.

MrH

It defies description.

It's a keyhole.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It defies description.

It's a torpedo.

sluggo

John

I find these running on water courses very interesting. Maybe I missed the 2nd coming. I never imagined that this could occur through several people!

I am also amazed that a Garmin 305 would work for such a long time. My Garmin 405 would have lost it's charge well before the 1100 mi route was completed.

John
                            www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

De-slacking in progress

I find these running on water courses very interesting. Maybe I missed the 2nd coming. I never imagined that this could occur through several people!

I am also amazed that a Garmin 305 would work for such a long time. My Garmin 405 would have lost it's charge well before the 1100 mi route was completed.

Actually you are correct- at approx 20mph the 1100 return trip took 55 hrs or so. What I would do is go up on the top decks and turn the watch on. I would leave it run for the time i was on deck doing "stuff". At times the watch was only on for say maybe 15 mins or so. I would stop the watch but not reset the lap. I did find out the watch "knew" I had moved over a 100 miles or so since it's last reading and it would ask that question which required a CONFIRM to the question. It appears the watch just stitched the entire 1100 miles together.

I haven't tried- but I guess if you zoomed in it may show breaks in the times and places. I believe the watch only held about an 11 hours or so total charge as I had forgotten to bring that charge cable with me on the trip.

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14