Where in the World? (Read 255 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I did my dream trip o Egpyt. Would like to go back to run a marathon.

South Africa.

Wife**Bali

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

J-L-C

I've spent the last 7-8 years living and traveling abroad and have seen many places I've always wanted to see. I spent two months over-landing through Eastern Africa going to 7-8 amazing game parks, hiked 10k on the Great Wall of China, visited the Taj Mahal, explored Petra, explored Angkor Wat, crawled inside the pyramids of Giza and trekked on the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Basically most of the grandest adventures I've ever wanted to have.

My default answer to questions like this is usually Bora Bora or the Maldives because of the insane expense of traveling and staying in either of these two places (especially Bora Bora) is likely to ever keep me from visiting. Since money is no object I'd probably go with Bora Bora.

But for real life purposes, if I could pick up and go anywhere in the world tomorrow and money IS actually a concern, I'd probably choose some place like Bolivia. Salaar de Uyuni (the salt flats) and Lake Titicaca look absolutely majestic. The country as a whole seems to just have a ton of places to explore and lots of amazing things to do and see. Cheap as all get out once you're in the country (though it's a bummer about the visa and plane ticket is pricey). Plus, think of the altitude benefits!

The Galapagos Islands in Ecuador are also of great interest, though quite a bit pricier.

And just to throw it out there since this thread has gotten my travelin' juices  running over, my ultimate trip would be: Tibet to Beijing by train, then the Trans-Mongolian to Moscow and onwards to St. Petersburg. Train onwards to Helsinki, then a boat across to Estonia, train all the way down to southern Spain/Gibraltar and a ferry across the straight to Morocco.