They Canceled My Race (Read 792 times)

I have no good reason to write this; I'm just venting. I signed up a month ago to run the Remax/Trailbreaker Half Marathon on April 6th and saw an article in the local paper yesterday saying that the race was canceled. This was to be the 17th annual running of the marathon and half marathon and they scrapped it 6 weeks prior to the event. Remax is a real estate company who sponsors the run and they said that the person who organized the race the last 4 years took another position and they didn't think it was possible for another person to take over. Give me a break, they just didn't want to sponsor the race. This is why I hate people.
    Fortitudine Vincimus - "By endurance we conquer,"
    milkbaby

My condolences on the bad news... That really sucks! Hope you can find another race around the same time to take advantage of your training -- good luck!
      "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi "I have need to be all on fire, for I have mountains of ice about me to melt." -- William Lloyd Garrison "The marathon is an art; the marathoner is an artist." -- Kiyoshi Nakamura
        Suggestion: tell them you will become the race director--for a fee. If this was to be the 17th running--they should have a file that pretty much lays out what has been done in the past. Another suggestion. Show up race day and run the course by yourself. My guess would be that there are probably some marks on the road that will indicate the miles. If not, if you have a Garmin--no need to worry. Also , there should be loads of 1/2 marathons to get into. Best of luck. nick

Renee the dog

You hate all people because of this? Surprised Sorry, but I'm LMAO at your last line. Go ahead, hate me if you want, but I've never worked for Remax, never changed jobs and left a half-marathon hanging, and well, never even met you. And, at my last physical, my doc did verify that I'm of the "people" species. Wink Find another 1/2 marathon a couple weeks later and be even MORE trained and run it even faster than you would have the Remax 1/2...

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

If it makes you feel any better, we had to scrap the New England Mile after losing our title sponsorship this year. Of course, we sent out a warning 7 or 8 months ahead of time that the race might not happen, and a definitive, sorry this race has been discontinued 4 months ahead of time. And we hadn't collected any applications yet for this year to muddy things.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

JakeKnight

You hate all people because of this? Surprised ...... And, at my last physical, my doc did verify that I'm of the "people" species. Wink
              Are you sure? Most actual "people" would have understood he was just annoyed and venting and using a little hyperbole. A member of the "people" species would have chuckled or empathized with his frustration. Have your doctor check again. I say you're an android. Have the technicians at the lab re-boot your sense of humor chip. It's malfunctioning. While they're under the hood, have them tweak your reading comprehension circuits, too. He didn't say "all" people. You did. FYI: Sarah Connor lives one street over. The blue house. I hate that chick.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

Have your doctor check again. I say you're an android. Have the technicians at the lab re-boot your sense of humor chip. It's malfunctioning. While they're under the hood, have them tweak your reading comprehension circuits, too. He didn't say "all" people. You did. Indeed!
                Dave
                "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
                --- Clarence DeMar
                  You hate all people because of this? Surprised Sorry, but I'm LMAO at your last line. Go ahead, hate me if you want, but I've never worked for Remax, never changed jobs and left a half-marathon hanging, and well, never even met you. And, at my last physical, my doc did verify that I'm of the "people" species. Wink Find another 1/2 marathon a couple weeks later and be even MORE trained and run it even faster than you would have the Remax 1/2...
                  I guess I'm not quite sure how to respond to this because I have no idea what LMAO means. Since you're such a loving person I'll assume that it's something nice and just say thanks.
                  Fortitudine Vincimus - "By endurance we conquer,"

Renee the dog

I guess I'm not quite sure how to respond to this because I have no idea what LMAO means. Since you're such a loving person I'll assume that it's something nice and just say thanks.
                    It's another way of saying you cracked me up! LMAO= laughing my a&& off. Big grin

Renee the dog

Are you sure? Most actual "people" would have understood he was just annoyed and venting and using a little hyperbole. A member of the "people" species would have chuckled or empathized with his frustration. Have your doctor check again. I say you're an android. Have the technicians at the lab re-boot your sense of humor chip. It's malfunctioning. While they're under the hood, have them tweak your reading comprehension circuits, too. He didn't say "all" people. You did. FYI: Sarah Connor lives one street over. The blue house. I hate that chick.
                      Whoa -- sounds like my post rubbed you the wrong way. I was trying to tease the original poster a bit by also extending the hyperbole a bit and goof around and possibly get him to smile. I thought the emoticons conveyed I was just teasin'. Thanks for the beat down. I was having too good of a day. Smile To kessler93, I'm sorry if my joking came off poorly. I really do hope you find another 1/2 that will be way better than the cancelled Remax one.

uncontrollable

I have no good reason to write this; I'm just venting. I signed up a month ago to run the Remax/Trailbreaker Half Marathon on April 6th and saw an article in the local paper yesterday saying that the race was canceled. This was to be the 17th annual running of the marathon and half marathon and they scrapped it 6 weeks prior to the event. Remax is a real estate company who sponsors the run and they said that the person who organized the race the last 4 years took another position and they didn't think it was possible for another person to take over. Give me a break, they just didn't want to sponsor the race. This is why I hate people.
                        That does suck but don't hate me! I'm nice Smile

peace