Scarsdale Historical society Fall Foliage 5K race (Read 405 times)

At 3:00pm today I ran in what is traditionally the last race before the New York Marathon. This race is run in one of the hilly sections of Scarsdale starting and ending at Grand Boulevard and Post Rd. Surprisingly this is where I set my 5k PR many years ago. Before the race there is a "fitness walk, about a mile and a half for walkers children and dogs. The dogs enjoy it so much especially because like the children they get metals on ribbons to wear abound their necks (the smaller breed dogs get theirmedals attached directly to their collars. The first dog to cross the finish line got a trophy. Anyway I took it easy in this race and finished 59 of 102 runners, in 26:59. At the end of the race I met the man from last weeks race, the guy who passed me on the hill and asked if I was alright. The race was way scaled down from last year when there was a man giving table massages and Trader Joe snacks and Equinox Fitness gaves passes and tee shirts. No giveaway stuff at all, which is kind of sad, maybe it is a reflection on the economy. On the bright side though, I posted my 100th mile of the month.
    I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock