Running for fitness and health (Read 117 times)

My main motivation  for running has been for fitness and health.  I have changed alot of my daily food intake from the past.  I try to avoid the things I know are not the best choice  for me.  I have scheduled  an appointment  with my Dr. to discuss this matter as well but figured I would ask the seasoned runners.  My schedule has me running 3 to 4(3 to 7 miles per run) times per week with that whole thing called life... I try not to get fixed at a number on the scale too much.  I started around 230 is pounds and am currently sitting at 197.  How do I know if I am eating enough food to make my body burn fat?  I have changed my eating habit from a few years ago quite drastically.  Breakfast now is usually a bowl of oatmeal with peanut  butter and banana,  or two egg omelet with spinach and some cheese, lunch can vary but I do try to keep it healthy.  I usually concoct some type of spinach and fruit blended smoothie with a shot of whey protein.  Dinner I generally make baked trout or salmon or chicken.  I don't add salt to anything, I stay away from salad dressing.  I use olive oil for cooking chicken... I eat enough where I feel full but the calorie counter apps often say I am low.  How do I know I am eating enough?  I also make an effort to stay hydrated with water.  I shoot for at least 100 ounces daily.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

If you have enough energy for life and running, and you feel good- you are eating enough.

Runner with a riding problem.

That's kinda the thoughts I had.  Thanks for the simple truth.

SMART Approach

You are doing great. If you feel tired or drained, you may not eating enough but with your schedule not being obsessive, you again should be just fine. Keep it up.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Good job on the weight loss and in taking charge of your fitness and health! 

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

My main motivation  for running has been for fitness and health.  

I also make an effort to stay hydrated with water.  I shoot for at least 100 ounces daily.

Same here - health and fitness.

Be careful on the hydration.  Better to drink when thirsty.  If you pee several times a day, you're drinking enough.