Whey Protein (Read 1520 times)

"run" "2" "eat"

anyone who lauds my genius is clearly a complete tool.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

"run" "2" "eat"

top o' the page to ya!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Purdey

Self anointed title

anyone who lauds my genius is clearly a complete tool.

You are not helping

"run" "2" "eat"

stop whining, you tool.

Purdey

Self anointed title

How DO you weigh protein?

Like neybor.  HAHHAA

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

"run" "2" "eat"

you don't weigh whey. you scoop it.

durr.

Now weigghhht a minnnnnuttttttttttte. you make me wanna SHOUT.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Purdey

Self anointed title

Oh ok. Like when I take the dog for a walk and "scoop poop"?

"run" "2" "eat"

yeah, if your dog makes white, powdery poos -- then, yeah, absolutely the same.

"run" "2" "eat"

Genius. Pure genius.

didn't want to lose sight of the most important statement in this whole thread.

SMART Approach

Weight loss benefits of whey protein as reported in Journal Of Nutrition...www. we sell whey protein . com..."

Tchuck? Really? A link to a report on a vitamin shop web site on a study funded by the Whey Protein Research Council that shows "benefits" that the study itself says 'may suggest' said benefit but also used a "methodology...not sensitive enough to detect the subtle changes in energy intake that take place to [acheive this] result."

I'm not asmart enuff to challenge any of that - was just turned off by the link to a sales pitch.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/early/2011/06/15/jn.111.139840.abstract

Double blind, randomized clinical trial has some credibility. This was also funded by the USDA's research division. It does not make it less credible that the Whey Protein Research Council is also involved.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Okay, I have one more question about whey protein.  There are something like 100,000 kinds of proteins in the human body.  Whey probably contains a dozen or so.  Doesn't it make a lot more sense to keep your diet rich and varied than to rely on such a limited source?

"run" "2" "eat"

yes.

Feeling the growl again

Okay, I have one more question about whey protein.  There are something like 100,000 kinds of proteins in the human body.  Whey probably contains a dozen or so.  Doesn't it make a lot more sense to keep your diet rich and varied than to rely on such a limited source?

Actually, you should not care about proteins but rather amino acids, which are the building blocks of proteins.  There are 22 standard amino acids, most (but not all) of which your body can make from precursors.  I am not sure how many amino acids are in whey protein, but any protein your body ingests will be broken down into them before it is used.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills