Whey Protein (Read 1520 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

tangentially, trent -- there's an availability and ease of use factor. is a test like you describe going to measure that? i mean, sure in ideal conditions XYZ occurs, but in the real world, your body cannot process anything unless you can put it in there. so, if you don't have access to a steak or you don't have a fridger to keep your yoghurts in, then maybe whey protein is the best option. right?

1. How did the whey get into your fridge?

2. Really?  You keep whey powder in your fridge?  It should be shelf safe.

3. Ahh yes, you speak of the need for comparative effectiveness research.  I totally agree. localoutoftowner, please limit the studies you share with us to CER studies. 'prec.

4. Top o the page to ya!

You could just take a cow or two with you everywhere. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You could just take a cow or two with you everywhere. 

Yes.

dennrunner

Hauling around jugs of protein seems like it would be hard to do.

Am I doing this right?

Yes.

+2

Best post of the day. 

No excuses....

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Powdered steak.  And dirt.  And jugs of milk.  Or silicone.  I'm paying attention.

localoutoftowner

Please show me an adequately powered, well-controlled randomized trial that compares the benefits of taking whey protein post exercise with taking other proteins post exercise, preferably non-processed or extracted proteins.  A great one would be a study comparing whey protein with yogurt.  Or eggs.  Or a juicy steak.

And this: Ennay did not actually exercise yesterday, so her whey protein was not really post-exercise, was it?

I wasn't aware to whether or not she worked out, it was just a general comment because of the lack of knowledge of whey.

Without looking, Whey and Yogurt would have similar properties because of the fact that yogurt has whey protein in it. Yogurt typically has low fat, which would not inhibit rate of digestion. Egg could also be similar in the uncooked form. There are actually powered beef supplements, believe it or not.

Trent, I know that you have some position that has to do with health. Therefore you are aware of the different rate of absorption in different vehicles. Tablet, capsule, liquid capsule, powder liquid, IV..etc...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Please show me an adequately powered, well-controlled randomized trial that compares the benefits of taking whey protein post exercise with taking other proteins post exercise, preferably non-processed or extracted proteins.  A great one would be a study comparing whey protein with yogurt.  Or eggs.  Or a juicy steak.

And yeah, a CER study would be even better.

And this too: "Therefore you are aware of the different rate of absorption in different vehicles. Tablet, capsule, liquid capsule, powder liquid".  Actually, I am not aware of a good study showing different rates of absorption based on whether whey protein is taken as a tablet, capsule, liquid, or as yogurt.

And this as well: the yogurt I make at home from whole unhomogenized milk, it is not necessarily low fat (which can only really be produced through processing, making milk into "milk", a processed foodstuff).  No, the milk I use is just milk.

localoutoftowner

I suppose instead of giving somebody a liquid or powdered medicine, we should just somehow develop a food that has the same pharmaceutical properties, that way it can reach the blood stream faster.

Forget mineral IVs, just make patients eat bananas.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I suppose instead of giving somebody a liquid or powdered medicine, we should just somehow develop a food that has the same pharmaceutical properties, that way it can reach the blood stream faster.

I have no idea what this means.

localoutoftowner

Are you a Dr, Trent?

Zortrium

Are you a Dr, Trent?

*facepalm*

"run" "2" "eat"

trent - it is only a true top o' the page if you have the guts to post without quoting context.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

trent - it is only a true top o' the page if you have the guts to post without quoting context.

Why would that matter?