Still got it (Read 113 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

I t0ok my birthday off (Oct 16th) --if the weather was nice and I felt good, plan was to get a solid long run in, and if it went really well, put in another solo marathon.

This running season has been good.  Mileage hasn't been crazy and I've been suffering a likely tear in my shoulder.  Had an MRI 2 days ago so I should find out soon.  But regardless, I can still run.

I woke up and the day was nice. I set out thinking I'd probably be able to run 3:30ish.  It turned out to be a great day, it all fell into place and I ran 26.2 in 3:14:5x.  Nice day and had it been a race, it'd be a BQ (though I'd need a few min faster to realistically make reg' time cut).

But now I'm itching to find a marathon to race before 2017 closes out. I'm pacing 3:35 at NYC this year and want to PR at 5 miler a few weeks later so that means I shouldn't race the BK marathon, but I'm thinking the little Roxbury CT marathon in early Dec.  It's a small loop and reported to be kinda hilly so it might not be a great course for a PR, but my birthday solo marathon was hilly, so who knows.

Anyway, feelin good as a I round out the season!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
    Gatorade Endurance Team

DAMN RIGHT YOU DO!!!!

Roxbury is definitely hilly, and usually cold and sometimes snowy - those people LOVE running though, and it is old school and cheap and pure.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

ultramarathon/triathlete

The cold and snowy part I don't dislike.    Just how hilly is hilly?  Is there somewhere to check elevation?   I'll do it either way, but of course, I'm curious and I suppose I could manage my own expectations a bit.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
          Gatorade Endurance Team

https://www.strava.com/routes/7148316

I know you’re google-challenged Dave, but I’m feeling generous

also this detailed race report:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/runjmc.co/2016/12/21/the-2016-roxbury-marathon-race-report/amp/

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes