It's Friday!! (Read 669 times)

Today will be an SRD (scheduled rest day) for me as I gather my MOJO for a long run of 20+ tomorrow. What's on your schedule today? Happy Friday everyone. Remember that today is the shortest daylight hours of the year. Starting tomorrow, we gain daylight.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Happy Friday everyone. Remember that today is the shortest daylight hours of the year. Starting tomorrow, we gain daylight.
      Hallelujah! Big grin SRD for me, too. Did 11 yesterday, plan to do ~5 tomorrow. Gotta hit the shower and finish shopping for stocking stuffers and odds-n-ends. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Today was only two miles (scheduled) for me. 5 degrees F, bright sun, and lots of new snow. I'm so excited that a two-miler is a piece of cake now! I never thought I would feel that way. Tomorrow is 4 miles.

King of Sparta

Friday is always a rest day for me before Saturday's 6 miles in the woods (on 15% gradients) and Sunday's 15 miles on the roads. I love Fridays!
          2008 Goals:
          - Sub 1:00 10 mile
          - Sub 3:00 marathon
            Thank god! I've been waiting for tomorrow for weeks not. Like Raymond, SRD for me to gather my MOJO for a long Saturday run. Unlike Raymond, that run will be 10+.
              Won't run today. 10K tomorrow before heading to the in-laws for holiday cheer.... Confused
                Today will be an SRD (scheduled rest day) for me as I gather my MOJO for a long run of 20+ tomorrow. What's on your schedule today? Happy Friday everyone. Remember that today is the shortest daylight hours of the year. Starting tomorrow, we gain daylight.
                Thank god! I'm tired of running in the dark. Ran ~2.36 miles this morning, didn't really have time for anything longer because we're going out of town when I get off work.
                  Did an easy 9 outside this a.m. - early (ick), took 3 miles to get my body to wake up, I hate that. Too much going on today to allow a long lunch run, and tonight is full so the morning was the only option.

Michelle

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Happy Friday! Today is another 30 minute run (OHR W3D2) and 20 or so minutes of walking to get me to a nice even 3 miles. Thank god the sun is coming back--I am tired of being stuck on the dreadmill! Chris

Chris
                    PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

Gee lots of rest days so far. It's a rest week for me! No injuries, just free lunches and lots of snow. Oh well. Nov/Dec are my slacker months. Long swim today. 1.2 miles or 2100 yds straight. 44 minutes (36:40 pace). Whine of the day. My 44 min time is a close estimate because as of today, 5 out of 5 clocks at my pool are BROKEN! 4 portable poolside clocks and a 3 foot diameter wall clock. Sheesh. I use a pool clock to count laps. So I took one of the portables, and as I walked out of the pool I told the pool director I was taking it home to fix it. He said....ok. Craig I posted this in x-training but it's veeeery quiet over there. Are the x-trainers just hanging out where it's more lively?

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

Today was only two miles (scheduled) for me. 5 degrees F, bright sun, and lots of new snow. I'm so excited that a two-miler is a piece of cake now! I never thought I would feel that way. Tomorrow is 4 miles.
                        Congratulations!! I've been where you are a few times and it's such a thrill. When I first started running I experienced it and I've had to come back from a couple extended injury breakdowns as well as a 19 month stretch of no running. It feels so good to see the progress.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Thank god! I've been waiting for tomorrow for weeks not. Like Raymond, SRD for me to gather my MOJO for a long Saturday run. Unlike Raymond, that run will be 10+.
                          Mike, good luck on your 10 miler and here's wishing you HUGE and continued success in your weight loss. I started running just to lose weight back in '94 and came from 230 lbs down to my present 170. During 5k season I sometimes dip to 165. Your "why I started running" comment is what's kept me running for all these years. First was the lure of doing a marathon and it's been the competition and comraderie of the racing community that's kept me at it.

Frday is usually a SRD for me to, but now I have to make up for an USRD on Tuesday. I made it to the t-mill on Tuesday and when I hit the power button on my 2 week old Garmin, nothing happened. I scrapped the run because I am can't acuurately control my HR by feel. plus I was upset about my $200 Garmin failing so soon. I called Garmin on Weds and as it turns out it had gone into Hybernation mode and I was able to easily reset it. Amazing how dependant I've become on this device so quickly.
                            obiebyke

I'm still without running shoes, so I'll do a 10 mile random hill program on the stationary bike. I try to keep my revs/min above 105 the whole time. Takes about 27 mins. I WANT SHOES!!!!!!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

0930 51f raining 14.5mi ez 8:21 pace slow first 8 miles, then managed to get warmed-up and ran a little faster. lots of quick looking college-aged runners out around town, must be xmas break.