Figured out how to earn the hardware.... (Read 561 times)

Scout7

Run a race that only has 5 other people in it. Yeah, that's right. My 10k trail run on Saturday had a total of 6 people. I was actually #1 for the first half of it, too. Which is probably why I managed to kill myself, having never been in that position before. 50:56, second overall. Good, challenging course at Blue Marsh Lake near Reading, PA (in case anyone knows the area).
      Cherry picker.

Runners run

Scout7

Heh. I take what I can get. Best part....It's the first of a 3 race series. So I'm well on my way!
          Just good to see you back to running for real. Don't go haywire now and wind up back on the shelf--you've already had your biggest mileage month (by a lot) since October. Follow your own advice and build intelligently!

Runners run

Scout7

I know, I was looking at that today. I think the ITB issues were from being inconsistent (surprise there, right). Now that I'm on a more regular schedule again, coupled with stretching and preventative measures, I've actually been feeling great. I'm just glad to be able to finish a race again. That was the first one in 2 months....
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm planning to do a HM this Fall that last year only had about a half-dozen women in my age group. My goal is to finish in the top 3... Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Second overall? Did you at least carry your age group? Tongue Clowning around Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

You'll ruin your knees!

post deleted due to stupidity Blush

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

With locals guys in my age group pacing around 5 min. per mile, there is no way I'm getting any "hardware" soon... Then again, I am bigger than they are. Maybe I should start from the front and "accidentally" take them out when the cannon fires. MUA-HA-HAhe ahem...
                    Scout7

Unfortunately, the drafting bastard that beat me is in my AG. Anyone wanna do a Tonya Harding for me?
                        Anyone wanna do a Tonya Harding for me?
                        Absolutely ... :::looking for my baseball bat::: Personally, I'm waiting to get into the 80+ age group... damn 20-24 year olds are too fast!
                        2009: BQ?
                        Scout7

Absolutely ... :::looking for my baseball bat::: Personally, I'm waiting to get into the 80+ age group... damn 20-24 year olds are too fast!
                          Heh.....some of the fastest runners around here are between 32 and 50. It's gonna be a loooooong road, methinks.
                            Heh.....some of the fastest runners around here are between 32 and 50. It's gonna be a loooooong road, methinks.
                            I'm telling you, the 75+ age groups is where it's at!
                            2009: BQ?